PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning grout

expatmom
10-03-2007, 04:49 AM
I need your best tips for cleaning grout. My house has an insane amount of tile & all the grout is mouldy or stained from the previous occupants. It completely grosses me out. The sheer volume of it makes it impossible for me to clean precisely.

Any tricks or tips for getting years of food buildup or other yuck I don't want to think about too much out of grout?

mom2threegirls
10-03-2007, 02:02 PM
There's cleaner stuff that actually bleaches and cleans the grout AND it paints it at the same time so the stuff that is impossible to get off is covered up :yes. It's really awesome stuff. When we moved into our house the grout around the fireplace (WHY would you put white grout around a fireplace anyways???) was all black and I just could NOT get it clean. I used that stuff and it has looked awesome ever since :tu. It soaks into the grout and is different from painting it- it's as if it just turned it white again. I can't remember what it was called but I got it at either Lowes or Home Depot- maybe look around the tile section there and see if you can find it?

And once you get it clean I'd recommend sealing the grout so you don't have to do it over and over again!

BKMommy
10-04-2007, 10:57 PM
how hard is it to seal grout?