PDA

View Full Version : He fell off the bouncy seat

Linnis
10-01-2007, 05:22 PM
DS, who'll be 1 year old in 3 weeks fell off his bouncy seat. He was napping so I used the time to do some things I can't have him with me for. I heard a loud thump and baby crying and run in to find my baby face first on the floor one leg stuck in the seat belt of the bouncy seat.

He has reflux, the bouncy seat in the only place he'll sleep longer than 20 minutes. The wedge for the crib isn't high enough of an incline.

I can't let this happen again so I need other sleeping options.

shercurrie
10-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Oh no! :jawdrop

Sorry, I don't have any advice, but :hugheart

waterbaby
10-03-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm sorry that happened...must have been scary.

Some parents have great success with getting and keeping their babies asleep in the sling. Is that an option for you?

Linnis
10-03-2007, 07:34 PM
When would I sleep? If he's in the sling then I could never lay down and go to sleep myself and I'm only getting 3-4 hours a night as it is.

:scratch

BeckaBlue
10-03-2007, 07:38 PM
i coslept w/ my puker, and we did use a pillow, he layed inclined on the pillow with my arm underneath as well...help prevent some of the :sick2 :tu
otherwise how bout the buket seat? with the straps on his shoulders he couldn't just flop out :shrug or a slightly reclined stroller?

waterbaby
10-03-2007, 07:41 PM
When would I sleep? If he's in the sling then I could never lay down and go to sleep myself and I'm only getting 3-4 hours a night as it is.

Oh, your OP didn't say anything about this being when you want to sleep. Sorry, I misunderstood.

Gentle Journey
10-03-2007, 07:43 PM
What about propt up on a pregnancy wedge? My baby with reflus, I had him sleep on his tummy. It seemed to help. I know it's a no-no, but it was the best option for him.

Naked Camper
10-03-2007, 08:04 PM
i've read several places that tummy for reflux babies is the best way for them to sleep. :shrug

Poor little one falling out of his bouncy seat! I think the bucket seat idea is a good one. Just make sure it's stable on the floor where it can't fall off of anything.

Linnis
10-03-2007, 08:31 PM

Oh, your OP didn't say anything about this being when you want to sleep. Sorry, I misunderstood.

Sorry I should have said. He sleeeps in his bouncy seat all the time.

He slept almost 5 hours in the crib last night after three hours of lay him down scream pick him up etc. So I rocked him to sleep in the bouncy seat.

He WILL NOT allow himself to be in his tummy. Ever. I have read that too.