PDA

View Full Version : need a suggestion for allergen-free laundry detergent!

ChristmasGirl
09-30-2007, 06:04 PM
i think my son is reacting to the purex free & clear laundry detergent :/ looking at the ingredients, it says it contains surfactants, which is the only thing in it that i can think that he is reacting to (bum cheeks and inside of legs has rash). he just started wearing underwear (boxer briefs), so until then we haven't had a problem. my only other guess is that maybe he's allergic to his little plastic pottyseat (he has a red ring on his bottom when he's done sitting), but i'm going to change detergents first. he has somewhat of an exema looking rash on his upper back too.

so, do i have to go "organic"/health-food store type of detergent, or is there one that grocery stores carry that is more hypo-allergenic?

Eowyn
09-30-2007, 06:10 PM
DH reacts to Purex Free and Clear, but has no problems with All Free and Clear.

Punkie
09-30-2007, 06:12 PM
We've had good luck with All Free and Clear and Seventh Generation Free and Clear detergent. We CANNOT use the All Free and Clear dryer sheets though :shrug

ChristmasGirl
oh, great to know! i just looked at the ingredients in Seventh Generation Natural Laundry Detergent Liquid, Free & Clear, and it appears that their surfactants are corn-based so that is out too. i will have to run out and get some All detergent...that is what i used to use, but purex is cheaper so i switched.

Novella
All Free and Clear- awesome :)

Seventh Gen Free adn CLear- also good (but not good for diapers)

bliss
10-01-2007, 10:32 AM
My sister is allergic to everything but the Arm & Hammer powder that has nothing in it (fragrance, etc.).