PDA

View Full Version : I understand urinals now

Allison
09-29-2007, 10:48 AM
I've always thought of urinals as pretty icky. Now I understand why they are better for guys than toilets. Toilets are simply at the wrong height and angle for guys to be able to pee neatly in all the time. And by guys, I mean little boys. lol The *shudder* splash factor would be lessened and aim wouldn't be so difficult if we had a urinal.

QuiltinGramma
09-29-2007, 11:21 AM
:giggle :laughtears :roll :funny :haha :bag
....okay, I'll leave now.
:heart

HomeWithMyBabies
09-29-2007, 12:20 PM
I am so tired of pee on the wall, I really am!

bliss
10-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Standing on a little stepstool so he is WAY above the potty has helped my little one - the big one there's no help for, although when we all moved in together I cut it down a bit by making him do the bathroom floors himself. (Not sure if that's punitive or not, seemed like a "natural consequence" at the time, pre-GCM) :shifty

Jenjardin
10-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Standing on a little stepstool so he is WAY above the potty has helped my little one - the big one there's no help for, although when we all moved in together I cut it down a bit by making him do the bathroom floors himself. (Not sure if that's punitive or not, seemed like a "natural consequence" at the time, pre-GCM) :shifty

Nothing wrong with teaching them to clean up after themselves. I used to wonder why my sister and I had to clean up after my brother and dad. :scratch :sick

thomer
10-01-2007, 11:39 AM
DH wants to install a urinal. If we owned our house, I'd consider it. I wish he'd clean up after himself..... :shifty

Heather Micaela
10-01-2007, 11:41 AM
DH wants to install a urinal. If we owned our house, I'd consider it. I wish he'd clean up after himself..... :shifty

Is this an issue for men? My dad, bother, dh, and ds all keep the bathroom/toilet clean

Carrie in PA
10-01-2007, 06:10 PM
As a mom of 4 boys I can say I definitely understand! YUK! A urinal would be better probably, but then I'm sure there'd be splatter issues. :doh

Havilah
10-01-2007, 07:50 PM
We have friends with 4 sons and they installed a urinal in one of their bathrooms. They also have two dishwashers and two sets of washer/dryer combos! :tu :cool

Allison
10-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Oh man, an extra dishwasher and another washer/dryer set would complete me.

Amber
10-01-2007, 10:49 PM
:haha There is always the Peter Potty (http://www.visionaireproducts.com/). I've thought about getting one, but DH just rolles his eyes...and our bathroom really isn't big enough.

OnlyBelieve
10-02-2007, 03:56 AM
:giggle :yes :giggle

Katydid
10-02-2007, 05:08 AM
The men in my house pee sitting down. :shrug

ilikestrawberryjello
10-02-2007, 05:17 AM
The men in my house pee sitting down. :shrug

Yeah, why do they have to stand anyway? :shrug Just because they can??

Lady TS
10-02-2007, 05:23 AM
I am about sick of pee on the walls, too! Allison, my boys are about the same age as yours, and we have recently started having this problem...

Ds1 sat to pee until he started kindergarden and saw other boys standing to pee, and he saw ds2 standing to pee(who saw a little boy in sunday school standing to pee in the little short potty off their classroom).

Sitting doesn't solve the problem here, either, because for some reason ds2 can't pee sitting down unless he leans forward and holds it down. :shifty And at SIL's house, when either of the boys sit, the pee goes between the seat and the main part of the toilet! :jawdrop Weird.

Calliope
10-02-2007, 06:30 AM
Dh is nice enough to always put the toilet seat down, but I find this just "hides" the mess underneath on the toilet bowl rim. :giggle