PDA

View Full Version : Ok, more decluttering questions

HomeWithMyBabies
09-25-2007, 06:20 PM
When it comes to clothes, what do you do with different sizes? I've been donating a ton of stuff lately and I have some items from...um...10 or more years ago. :shifty Those can go and I'm ok with that. My problem comes when I consider whether or not to keep my larger sizes. I bought a few inexpensive things after my second was born to get me through until I could drop some weight. We might have another baby someday and I'm sure if we do I would fit them again. I have buying stuff for that transition time but we don't have plans to TTC anytime soon if at all. We're not in a position to just go buy new stuff if the need arose. Would you keep some of it?

I appreciate your opinions, I'm really bad at getting rid of stuff but I'm trying!

Hermana Linda
09-25-2007, 07:10 PM
I keep stuff that I think I will need again. But I do have the space. I box or bag it up. I'm trying to declutter more.

I have found that God does supply our every need, so don't be afraid to declutter. :heart

HomeWithMyBabies
09-25-2007, 07:46 PM
I have found that God does supply our every need, so don't be afraid to declutter. :heart

That's basically what I'm working on in a nutshell, letting go of the stuff and trusting that I won't go without what I need later. :heart

RealLifeMama
09-26-2007, 06:51 AM
Well, I had boxed up a bunch of my bigger clothes and put them in a box labeled "postpartum clothes" so that I would have them after my pregnancy. That way, they were not in my closet, but when I was bigger and needed them, I would have them and not have to buy bigger stuff.
I wound up not using any of them at all. :jawdrop
:shrug
So, now they are gone.

logosnimby
09-26-2007, 08:35 AM

That's basically what I'm working on in a nutshell, letting go of the stuff and trusting that I won't go without what I need later. :heart

yep, this is my school of thought too :)

ArmsOfLove
09-27-2007, 12:46 PM
I will share where the Lord has led me--at the point in my last pg when my maternity clothes weren't fitting and I wasn't sure what I would do, someone came to church with a bag of gorgeous maternity clothes she'd picked out from resale shops and blessed me with them :heart I've learned that God provides for me when I am in need and holding onto things does two things: expresses a lack of trust in the Lord and keeps those things from someone else who can use them now :heart