PDA

View Full Version : Is there an appropiate conquence for this?

milkmommy
09-25-2007, 01:33 PM
FOr some odd reason Cecilia is suddenly fancinated with going through all the stuff in the bathroom. Recently she poured ot some expensive eye drops of DH and emptied a few sample mineral make up things of mine (no real cost but still) there were put away but she still got to them she's also emptied out a special bottle of lotion from bath and body works I got as a present last year (cause her puppy needed to smell good :no).. Its getting annoying and at her age shes really shouldn't be doing this. There is physically no other place for these things they are "out of reach" but at her age nohing is really out of reach. Plus shes not a baby anymore and its just recently its an issue. How do we deal with this?
Deanna

OpalsMom
09-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Limits on unsupervised time in the bathroom?

Plus possibly increasing waterplay time, particularly with pouring opportunities (in the bath or in the kitchen sink while you're Right There cooking, for instance).

milkmommy
09-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Shes doing this when shes going potty and in a flash I've been trying really hard to prevent it but like with the eye drops it was under 20 seconds literly. I can't even get up the stairs that fast.
We do tons of water play she always helps me cook. She gets a ton of outlits for this. Another kid came over and sadly I failed to watch this other child assumming that at 7 they would be past all this but they unfortunally "taught" Cecilia the joys of getting into stuff. :mad :no2

MarynMunchkins
09-25-2007, 06:21 PM
I'd give her own bag of stuff. :) Banana has had bags and bags of girly bathroom stuff since she was 4-5. :)

milkmommy
09-25-2007, 06:44 PM
She has some of her own stuff already :shrug I cant afford to get more..

Deanna