PDA

View Full Version : Drinking Glasses

ServantofGod
09-24-2007, 03:04 PM
WHAT do you use for drinking glasses??? I don't want glass, because it cracks, breaks and chips. I have some old-style Tupperware cups in Hunter Green, which are okay, but my dh is "funny" about them because he can't tell if they are clean for certain. :giggle I thought I had the answer when I ordered some "Unbreakable" polycarbonate glasses from a catalog, which cost a small fortune, but hey - they were unbreakable, so I figured it was worth it. But they are cracking, one by one, and they are only about a year old. So, now I need glasses again.

I saw on the Tupperware website that they have something called "Sheerly Elegant" that looks like a tinted drinking glass, but it doesn't make any statements about it NOT cracking.

What is everyone else doing?

Close2MyHeart
09-24-2007, 04:48 PM
I've tried lots and ended up going back to glass 3-4 years ago... but we got thick glasses. So far only a few have broken.

Marielle
09-24-2007, 04:53 PM
yeah we have thick pub style glasses that haven't broken and I'm the litmus test around here, not the kids. I tend to break things and these have been pretty sturdy. I think I bought them in packs of 4 at either target or wally world.

homemommy40
09-24-2007, 08:44 PM
We have the really thick glasses too and they work really well for all of us.

Drew
09-25-2007, 11:05 AM
We have these really thick glasses that we bought a Waccamaw years ago. They've been cropped a million times without issue. The only time one broke was when dh pulled it out of a hot dishwasher and poured cold soda into it. Instant crack.

PaleBlue
09-28-2007, 02:07 PM
For nice table setting for a dinner I like my "good" glasses (I use Noritake Swirl iced beverage glasses- they are discontinued now) but I know what you mean, they're too fragile to be that practical, so otherwise I don't even use any glasses, I use Tupperware. I think mine might be the Sheerly Elegant, Id have to look it up- they come in all kinds of colors and are semi-sheer with a wavey pattern on them? Ah let me look..No, that's not them.

What I use is the Tupperware Impressions. They're durable, don't crack or scratch in the dishwasher. I am happy with them...this is our daily cup....If I'm not using my good glasses, I use the Tupperware and nothing else. Anything else that's glass is no more convenient than the Noritake crystal...I used to use an inexpensive beverage set from Target but they kept breaking. So for me Tupperware all the way if I'm not going to handwash (and I NEVER want to handwash!!)