PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a favorite mop?

kaismamma
09-23-2007, 07:41 PM
We're getting a new carpet-free house, which I'm very excited about! Right now I wash my floors on hand and knee cuz it cleans the bumps in the lanolium better. But with vinal floors, I'm not going to do that for the whole house. Do you have a particular mop that you really like that you would suggest me investing in?

Soliloquy
09-23-2007, 08:54 PM
I love my steam mop. No bucket, no chemicals.

I have a DeLonghi which I don't think is available in the US anymore. :( Read the reviews before you buy one, though, as some other brands have gotten bad reviews.

Punkie
09-23-2007, 08:55 PM
I really like my Sh-mop :)

Iarwain
09-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Hmmm.... I'd love it if someone has a really good (inexpensive) answer. I have a carpet free house and we've gone through more mops in the past three years... They keep breaking. I don't know if it's the heavy use they get, or if my kids are just that hard on things (they do the mopping) but I tried almost every kind at the store and they all broke, some before I'd even replaced the mop head. We do have uneven wood (painted softwood) floors in much of the house. Finally I bought some cheap string mops and a $4 bucket that has a wringer basket thingy for them. The mop heads are cheap and machine washable and they do a fine job. That's what has worked the best for us.