PDA

View Full Version : how much do you have to police siblings?

illinoismommy
09-21-2007, 12:12 PM
David is 3, Maya is 7 months. David will for fun just take away her toy or something. He gets mad when she gets his toy that he left on the living room floor, but if he leaves it there I think its fair game and once she has it she should be able to play with it. How do I help this relationship without being constant police on her behalf?

SamsMama
09-21-2007, 02:03 PM
:popcorn

Interested in the replies as the same sort of thing is happening with my two and a half year old and five month old.

Benjaminswife
09-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Well what I try to do about the toy this is to teach Daniel (almost 3) that if Drew (9 months) is playing with one of his toys...then find one of Drew's toys and trade him with it. Sometimes he remembers to do that...other times not so much.

The Tickle Momster
09-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Well what I try to do about the toy this is to teach Daniel (almost 3) that if Drew (9 months) is playing with one of his toys...then find one of Drew's toys and trade him with it. Sometimes he remembers to do that...other times not so much.

:yes This is what I do too.

Amber
09-21-2007, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't call what I do policing...more like conflict resolution :giggle and with my boys at 3yrs and 1yr I do quite a bit some days. If a toy is left out in the living room it is fair play for anyone. If Cole doesn't want Kyle to intrupt his play or play with his toys then we have him play in his room with the door closed. I won't constantly pull Kyle out of what Cole is doing if Cole is playing in the living room :shrug We do quite a bit of trading of toys if Cole wants what Kyle has :yes