PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow

Niphredil
09-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Unfortunately it's tomorrow. :yes2

My sister called about an hour ago to tell me that she and 4 of her college friends are going to come over tonight and asked if I could make lasagna. My sister knows she is always welcome in my home. We're the only family we have close, so I'm glad she felt comfortable that she could just come. :) :heart

Unfortunately I've had a miserable teether this week. We spent all day yesterday on the couch just nursing cause it made her feel better. I hardly had a chance to eat... much less care if my dishes were picked up from the ottoman or toys were put away or the laundry got folded. I cooked in a hurry and didn't clean up. Books, remotes, DVDs, phones, pillows, blankets, medicine are all jumbled with in reach of the couch.

I went to unearth clean the bathroom today and found we're out of paper towels. We're in the process of switching to cloth, but I've not had time to sew of late. :doh

And to top it all off I have been sorting a load of stuff out for a yard sale and my dining room is covered in unused clothes, books & trinkets.

And my babe is asleep in my lap and I don't want to do anything but sit & snuggle her. :sigh

Anybody want to clean with me today? I could use some accountability.

milkmommy
09-15-2007, 11:10 AM
I need to clean too.. I'm going through end of summer blues.. I'm sooo ready for the weather to cool down enough we can be outside again :hugheart

Deanna

Soliloquy
09-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Oh, that's tough. BTDT. Will your baby sleep/snuggle in a sling while you pick up?

Niphredil
09-15-2007, 11:52 AM
I need to clean too.. I'm going through end of summer blues.. I'm sooo ready for the weather to cool down enough we can be outside again :hugheart

Deanna

You're welcome to clean with me. :) I just did the living room but I need to dust & sweep. I also scrubbed the bathroom - well, I hid the tub :O - and emptied the dishwasher.

Oh, that's tough. BTDT. Will your baby sleep/snuggle in a sling while you pick up?

She woke up and had a grand time watching mom boogie around the room to music that was wildly inappropriate, for both baby and mom. :O