PDA

View Full Version : Do It Yourself Barber Shop

Charlie U
09-12-2007, 03:31 PM
How would you handle this?

DD #1 is 6. I came home this afternoon to her curls on the kitchen floor. She somehow talked dd #2, 4, into giving her a trim. Dd #1 wants nothing more than to have long hair. Why she felt the need to have her sister give her a trim is beyond me.

I can not fix her hair myself. I can't cut hair to save my life and hers is thick and curly. She has given herself haircuts before. She's never involved her little sister before. This is the third haircut she's done at home.

I honestly thought she'd outgrow it. I honestly thought she understood from the last time that she can't do it. There's a good two inches of hair lopped off one side. :cry What do I do? I'm at my wit's end with this child! :cry (Oh, it has to do with so much more than this.)

Close2MyHeart
09-12-2007, 04:03 PM
It's normal... and normal to happen more than once. :hug I know that's no consolation and it's hard when they've "ruined" their hair.

hair does grow back, thankfully. :heart

For now, I'd do my best to fix it and hide all scissors from her. Tell her she is not allowed to use them except when you are in the room. I had to do that w/ my 3 y/o DD after she cut her hair twice.

brown eyed girl
09-12-2007, 05:07 PM
:yes

I have one who was more into cutting hair than the others, and has done it repeatedly. Mine was a boy and I solved the problem by giving him hair clippers and putting him in charge of cutting his own and his little brother's hair. :jawdrop Seriously-- he's done a good job, and no longer has bad haircuts.

If it were a girl with long, thick curls I'd have had a heart attack though. :doh

She should grow out of it....

mwwr
09-17-2007, 12:38 PM
One of my friends called my crying hysterically when her dd did this to self and sister. She was pregnant, hormonal, and afraid that her dh would consider her very irresponsible as a mom. She ended up having to give one dd a crew cut, the damage was so bad. She ended up making a bunch of hats for her practically bald 2 yo dd, but the girl looked like a sumo wrestler for months-- no one could even tell she was a girl. :jawdrop Yeah, we laugh about it now, but it took a while.

logosnimby
09-17-2007, 04:34 PM
That stinks. I had a close call once. My DS#2 had some scissors and was attempting to cus DD's hair. Luckily it was a pair of really dull ones :jawdrop We havnt had another incident yet. At least it will grow back

Charlie U
09-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Well, I doubt she'll ever do it again. I took her to get it fixed today. Her hair is short, and she doesn't like it one bit. She's been crying off and on since a few minutes before we left. She's very, very upset. She's been growing her hair out because she wants long hair.

(I'd like to cry, too. Poor girlie. These natural consequences really hurt sometimes.)

MomTo7
09-18-2007, 04:26 PM
dd did this about 2 weeks ago. I still can't look at her. She cut perfect banes but they look rediculous on her face shape. I don't think she will ever do it again b/c she made her daddy cry when he saw her. She is still telling him that she is sorry. :shrug It certainly can't be fixed by anything but time....sadly so! :(