PDA

View Full Version : She snaps at me before I even walk in the room

The Tickle Momster
09-12-2007, 07:49 AM
:banghead Ok, I know I created this issue by yelling. However, it has got to change. The kids went in and turned on Sesame Street this morning. Ds called that he couldn't hear it. I walked toward the room and even before I got there Dd (6) snapped "no mom, don't turn it up!" I snapped back saying "don't snap at me before I even get in the room!" Turns out the reception was bad and staticy and she didn't like the noise. I solved that problem, but what to do about the snapping? It has already happened twice this morning and I'm sure it will happen more. She does it to her sibs too. Grrr. :help

fancifulfrog
09-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Sounds like maybe you two need a date. Remind her about speaking with respect in the meantime and address that it's something you can work on together. It seems whenever DD and I have issues it's because she is feeling left out due to my DS who is VERY clingy.

The Tickle Momster
09-12-2007, 01:03 PM
That's what I thought too. We had a date on Monday night. It went great! I think part of the problem today was that she was overtired. She wanted a nap around 5 last night and I put her off until 6:45 so she could have dinner.

I think we need to work on her getting more sleep. She seems chronically tired. I just don't know how to do that. She starts in her bed and by 4:30 or so, she's in ours. Maybe teaching her to stay in her own bed all night would help. :think Thoughts?

fancifulfrog
09-12-2007, 01:29 PM
It could help. Maybe the night waking is causing her sleep loss. It's worth a try. I slept on the floor in BOTH my children's rooms until they got used to sleeping in their own beds. It was WELL worth it.