PDA

View Full Version : Repeated inappropriate behavior

rosesnsnails
09-10-2007, 08:50 PM
I could have written this post three years ago. My dd continues to do the same inappropriate things year after year. She is seven and still drawing on walls, cabinets, tables, TILE GROUT, etc. She has trouble in social situations and says rude things all the time. She may not mean them the way it sounds, but she can't seem to grasp that what she is saying is hurtful. An example would be her birthday party. A friend gave her a littlest Pet Shop set. My dd really likes these. She says "Why do you always give me these?" Now, she didn't mean "I don't like these. Why do you keep giving me something I don't like?," but that is how it sounded. She has loud emotional outbreaks over seemingly small things. She does not usually remember simple manners like saying please and thank you. We have been working on that for years. What is going on? She says something is wrong with her brain, and she can't remember.

I'm frustrated. Going gluten free has helped with her emotional outbreaks, but the other behaviors haven't changed. I just saw another scribble on the bathroom cabinet. I had her give me all her pens and pencils and told her she would have to come to me to ask for a pen, and then I would have to be in the room while she is using it, and she will have to turn it into me when she is done. :(

Why are these things still a struggle for her?

rosesnsnails
09-11-2007, 06:53 AM
Any ideas?

Wonder Woman
09-11-2007, 06:55 AM
I don't have concrete answers, but it sounds like you are dealing with special needs. Is she anywhere on the autism spectrum?:think :hug I hope you find the answers you need!

rosesnsnails
09-11-2007, 07:24 AM
That is what I am afraid of.

MarynMunchkins
09-11-2007, 08:59 AM
I would suspect special needs as well. I'd take her to the doctor and ask for a formal evaluation. :hug

rosesnsnails
09-11-2007, 09:56 AM
What does a formal evaluation entail?

AdrienneQW
09-11-2007, 07:50 PM
I would also suspect special needs. Maybe a post in the special needs forum would garner you more advice from experienced mamas about how to obtain an evaluation and what it entails? :hug