PDA

View Full Version : Mothers of closely spaced children, help!

naturallia
09-04-2007, 03:03 PM
What did you find necessary to have?

I'm definitely going to get a tandem stroller for the days I'm too tired to sling both at the same time.

What else do I truly need two of?

Both will be in diapers at the same time- they will be about 17-19 months apart.

allisonintx
09-04-2007, 03:08 PM
I did like having a tandem stroller. I rarely had two children in it (unless it was two older toddlers and preschoolers while I had the baby in the sling) but it was great for the diaperbag and any shopping I was doing, with the toddler in the front :mrgreen

Other than that, I didn't have two of anything else.

Punkie
09-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Yep, I agree with Allison. Its good just for carrying stuff while one child is in there :grin Oh, and I could've have lived without my slings! They were my sanity! :heart

mamaKristin
09-04-2007, 03:13 PM
I love my double stroller, ever since my youngest was born it's been great. The only other thing we have 'doubles' of is booster seats at the table. My youngest wanted out of her highchair pretty quick and into a nifty seat like her big sister.

Rabbit
09-04-2007, 04:21 PM
The stroller was really all that I needed special for having two babies.

klpmommy
09-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Mine were 13 m apart. I hated my double stroller & had a lot more success in packing/wearing E & using the stroller for P. I don't think my bad back would let me wear both of them, but I never tried. But it appears I am in the minority here. :giggle I could easily put the diaper bad in the basket of the stroller when I needed a place for it.

Other than that, we do have two cribs, but we made one into a toddler bed for P & E never slept in hers (well, hardly, we tried before going to full time cosleeping) so it was totally unnecessary.

BeckaBlue
09-04-2007, 05:10 PM
mine were 16.5mts apart...didnt need a double stroller, since nik hated the thing, worked better w/ a single stroller and a sling :yes tere were diapers, but neither ever wore the same size (abbey's hefty, niks petite)
we did have 2 cribs for awhile, abbey broke hers when she was having a rage though and ended up in a toddler bed after that, nik barely ever used his crib though

beatlemommy
09-05-2007, 10:02 AM
My two oldest are 16 months apart to the day. The double stroller was how I was able to do anything. As they got older we needed two of every popular toy :giggle

growingmommy
09-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I'd say double stroller, sometimes I wish I really had one. I only have 1 sling at the moment, and a single stroller which isn't bad, but sometimes my back could use a break lol

GodChick
09-05-2007, 01:58 PM
a dble stroller, two booster seats at the table. if you cd, i find it useful to have one-size dipes and/or prefolds so you don't spend lots of time soirting dipes.

Rabbit
09-05-2007, 02:26 PM
I absolutely love my one size dipes. I had two in diapers for 16 months.

BeckaBlue
09-05-2007, 02:57 PM
good point about OS dipes...by the time we started cd abbey was just fitting the gerbers, but the plastic pants were still dif sizes....and by the time we moved from them abbey was too big for most OS dipes i ever tried....if yours isn't so hefty though (or have a super picky-must wear fuzzibunz or something like them-child) then os would probably be a great idea :yes :tu

logosnimby
09-06-2007, 04:17 PM
an extra diaper bag with all the necessities in the car trunk. Because there were many a days that i was running ragged and just plain forgot to grab the diaper bag! and include a change of clothes for yourself as well.