PDA

View Full Version : My dh is finally getting it.....

hey mommy
09-01-2007, 12:27 PM
We were at the table and I was eating lunch before I leave. DH started insisting that C eat lunch. C is insisting he doesn't want any. C pulled out the container of popcorn and had it on the table. DH told him to put it away. C climbed under the table. DH then puts the popcorn container on the floor in front of him and says "can you please put the popcorn away?", which, of course, was met w/a big "NO, i don't wanna" from C. I looked at DH and said "you don't ask. You tell". DH said "I was trying to be gentle". I said "that is being gentle. it's being gentle and firm and getting stuff done". So then he said "C, put the popcorn away please". C wouldn't do it, and after some NO's from him after we asked if he wanted help, I finally said "you better put that away before daddy does. Hurry hurry!!" and started playful parenting. So then DH joined in. And the popcorn got put away..

So then C still didn't want to eat. So dh told him that he could either eat or pick up legos. They go into the living room and I hear DH helping C figure out what to do.. C was resistant against helping, but didn't throw a fit w/DH like he normally does.. :phew So then I hear dh say "would you like to eat first and then pick up legos?" and C agreed to that. So C is now sitting at the table while DH warms up his leftovers from dinner last night..

:rockon :rockon This is a HUGE accomplishment in my house.. Normally the two of them bu** heads like mules and everyone ends up angry and I end up storming out to get away from them... This was very cool!!!!!

CapeTownMommy
09-04-2007, 04:41 AM
:clap