PDA

View Full Version : I have a spitting problem too

OliveJuice
08-31-2007, 11:20 AM
LOL, I came to post about Levi's spitting and saw Jen's post about spitting! In my case, Levi is not spitting out of anger, he just spits b/c it is fun :/ He spits drinks, breastmilk, food, and just plain ole regular spit. (Levi's 20 months I think LOL, he'll be 2 in december)

Y'day at the grocery store I he was spitting while sitting in the cart and I bent down a bit to speak and see if I could get him to stop and before I could even say a word he spit ALL OVER my face. UGH! I felt so....assaulted! I was already aggravated at dh and the kids for not behaving at the store (yes dh was not behaving....he was egging the older kids on :no2 ) I had dh take Levi to the car while I payed.

Then later at home he was spitting again and I was trying to read the newspaper which Levi kept hitting and trying to rip, and I just could not take it. I had dh take him to another room b/c I had no patience and I was ready to scream.

We have been taking his cup away when he spits and then he only can have it at the table. But that only works if he is spitting liquids from his cup. He know can spit just spit.....

AHHH! help!!!!

ArmsOfLove
08-31-2007, 11:43 AM
for this kind of spitting I do two things. 1) spitting is for the bathroom or outside. I move children who spit to those places if they don't go willingly. 2) have them clean it up--just hand a towel and tell them that's not okay to do and makes a mess and, "here, clean it up."

Lara
08-31-2007, 05:42 PM
We had DD go spit in the bathroom sink. She got really sick of having to stop what she was doing to go spit in the bathroom. It helped within a few days! :)

OliveJuice
09-01-2007, 02:17 PM
We had DD go spit in the bathroom sink. She got really sick of having to stop what she was doing to go spit in the bathroom. It helped within a few days! :)

I got this advice from another mama here :) However, at this moment in time I don't know if I could do that b/c our bathroom is upstairs and with my broken foot still healing, going up and down the stairs 20 times a day is not an option :giggle

What to do in a store? He spits while I am trying to shop. I engage in him the activity, but he still spits!

Lara
09-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Ok, this suggestion is going to sound sort of gross, but not as gross as having him spit everywhere. Maybe you could have a tupperware container you could take to the store with you, and if your DS really feels like he needs to spit, he could spit in there. :shrug I bet the spitting would lose its appeal if he had to confine it just to a small bowl. And that could work for your home, too, maybe. Since you are still healing, and can't have him running to the bathroom, maybe have a bowl in the family room where he has to go to spit. I think it would probably work as well as sending him to the bathroom, since he will still have to stop what he's doing to go spit in the bowl. Just a thought, I hope it helps! And I hope your foot heals soon! :hug