PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 yo preoccupation w/passing gas

celestial princess
08-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Sorry I couldn't think of a more delicate way to phrase that. :O Anyway, his 10 brother has taught him the concept of the "super pooter" a weapon sure to foil any adversary. :rolleyes2 I recognize that this is a very common preoccupation, and it doesn't really pass (so to speak :giggle) for at least 10-15 yrs, If ever in men, but I'm already getting sick of the pooter talk. I've tried telling him that everyone has pooters, and if you can't leave the room, then you just say excuse me. I've told him that putting pooters on people is rude and gross. That's about all I can think of. Do I just have to put up with it?

AmyDoll
08-28-2007, 12:47 PM
I think I'd just say, that's not polite talk and change the subject

OpalsMom
08-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Low key. "That's bathroom talk. You can do it in the bathroom," in the same tone of voice as "The dirty dishes go in the kitchen."

It comes and goes. Why, it's been weeks since DD talked about poop. Now she's making noises with her mouth... This too shall pass.

klpmommy
08-28-2007, 05:43 PM
sorry, I am just going to :giggle . P's new thing is burping. All.the.time. I am sure we will hit something similar to this one as well. Boys!!! Although, both P&E are fascinated by poop even now & love to have their toys poop all over the place. Thankfully it is all pretend poop. :shifty

Whisperlily
08-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Low key. "That's bathroom talk. You can do it in the bathroom," in the same tone of voice as "The dirty dishes go in the kitchen."

It comes and goes. Why, it's been weeks since DD talked about poop. Now she's making noises with her mouth... This too shall pass.

:yes We say potty talk here, same idea. Potty talk is only okay in the bathroom, or if you need to go. We use the same thing for talking about poop, pee, rear-ends, etc.