PDA

View Full Version : Potty training training regression?

siberian
08-28-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm not sure what to do with ds. A little over a month ago he up and decided on his own that he wanted to use the potty. He did awesome for a month: went all on his own and had almost no accidents. I wouldn't say he was completely trained because he doesn't poop on the potty yet and still needs a diaper at naptime and bedtime. Now for the past 4 days he doesn't seem to want to use the potty; he has constant accidents and will purposely pee on the floor if I try to remind him to go. I've been driving myself nuts trying to stay on top of him, because I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and put him back in diapers. I don;t understand what happened, he was doing to do well...

hink4687
08-29-2007, 01:19 PM
I'd just go with what he's ready for. If its too much for him now I'd put him back in diapers. When at home if your not busy you could leave him naked and a potty right next to him so while yall are playing you can help him go when he needs too. You may have a few accidents but at least you won't be completely going back to square one. Have you made any other changes in his life? Coop was pretty much almost potty trained (he's almost the exact same age as your little one) a few months back and we moved him to his toddler bed and he completely refused to go on the potty. It was strange b/c the transition to the toddler bed was the easiest transition ever so I didn't put two and two together immediately. But somethings its just too much new at once. But from all my friends this seems to be very very normal! He's still really young so he'll catch back on soon. Cooper is back to no misses at home except naps and bed so we're getting there slowly but surely! oh...and we also ec'd from 3 months so I take a little different approach to potty training. :)

siberian
08-29-2007, 04:46 PM
The only change I can think of is that dh is home on vacation this week...maybe the change in routine has thrown him off :scratch He's got a decent vocabulary, but not enough to communicate what is going on. So I guess we should take a little break before we all get frustrated. It would be easier if I had been the one to initiate potty training because then this would likely mean he simply isn't ready yet...but because he initiated it himself and did great for a month (he didn't even need reminders) I'm completely thrown through a loop! :giggle

hink4687
08-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Yea, but I think they still go through regressions even when they are ready for something. Everything seems to be 2 steps forward, 1 step back! I'm sure he'll be back on track soon!! :hug

SansSouci
09-17-2007, 02:49 PM
The change in routine can most definitely throw him off. See my story in the thread "Do we have to PT?" about how dd PTed and then quit once DH went back to work! lol

siberian
09-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Oooo, I'm going to go read it :smile As of now ds still isn't using the potty anymore; he just says "Take a little break" so I'm just going let it be for now.