PDA

View Full Version : She apologised!!!! WITHOUT PROMPTING FROM ME!!!

Can Dance
08-27-2007, 01:38 PM
:jump :dance
Its been a tough go over here since my dd turned 3. They had a bit of a skirmish, nothing huge, a pretty regular event around here lately, I was going to not nag about this one because it was pretty minor compared to some of their usual blow outs. but just now she announced that she needed to say sorry to her sister and did our whole routine of making amends with her little sister! I am SO HAPPY!! :grin :grin

SouthPaw
08-27-2007, 01:54 PM
:woohoo

and can i say i was totally :scratch over why that was such a horrible thing - the thumbs down icon really had me confused :giggle

Can Dance
08-27-2007, 01:56 PM
hit the wrong thumb :giggle :doh

SouthPaw
08-27-2007, 01:57 PM
i would say you're all thumbs today but it probably wouldn't be funny :bag my DH tells me i am a lot less funny than i think i am :ex

ArmsOfLove
08-27-2007, 02:17 PM
:giggle

do we have an I told you so emoticon? :giggle

I'm dancing for joy with you!

SouthPaw
08-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Soooooo what is in your making amends routine anyway Can Dance? I'm :think because DD2 isn't always in the mood for hugs, and usually (Accidentally) pulls DD1's hair when she tries to kiss her. What do yall do? :grin

Can Dance
08-27-2007, 02:45 PM
well I go over the wrong doing "it is not kind to pull your sisters hair/hit your sister/take her toy, etc. you need to apologise and make amends for it. in our family we don't _______________." then we do a gentle touch. I thought a gentle touch isn't as intrusive as a hug and even if its grudgingly done the point is still that its being done. If its dd2 who hits, etc. I still do the same thing for dd1. that way she will grow up seeing it, think its normal and expected, etc. pretty basic. and as she gets older, depending on the infraction I will start getting her to think about restitution as well. but I think its a good start. :)

canadiyank
08-27-2007, 02:47 PM
:tu

Amber
08-27-2007, 03:55 PM
:woohoo