PDA

View Full Version : Ds beginning to GBD himself

euromom
08-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Since learning about GBD we have always told ds what he can do when he is doing something he can't do. For example "You may not bang on the window, but you may bang on your drum" or "You may not throw your toys across the room, but you may throw your ball" etc...

Yesterday we had gone to a birthday party and in ds's goody bag he got one of those glow sticks. He loved it and was highly entertained by it, but then at one point I noticed him putting it in his mouth. I didn't want him to do this as it's full of chemicals inside and if he were to bite on it, it could leak :sick So I began to explain to him that this was not something he could put in his mouth. And immediately he said to me "I put a piece of pizza in my mouth?" :giggle I said "That's right, you can put pizza in your mouth but you may not put this glow stick in your mouth" :rockon

Then later I noticed he began to bang on the window. But then before I could say anything he stopped himself and said "Drum" then he went and got his drum and started banging on his drum and singing, all on his own! It's so cool to see the inner discipline that is developing as a result of GBD. :rockon

I love GBD! :gcm

marathonmom
08-26-2007, 07:22 PM
:clap :clap

That is really wonderful.

HomeWithMyBabies
08-26-2007, 07:30 PM
:rockon Very cool!

Yesterday my 4 year old told me, "I stopped, and I thought, and I didn't push my brother down. Then he will feel sad." :giggle

RubySlippers
08-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Awwwww....that is precious! :rockon :heart

QuiltinGramma
08-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Yeah!!! :woohoo
It's so good to see that what mothers do say does sink in.
How very neat!!
:heart

loveberry
08-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Aww so cute!

Freetobeme24
08-29-2007, 12:36 PM
yahoooooooooo!! I love it!! That is great!!! :heart :rockon