PDA

View Full Version : Maker's Diet recipe needed

lovemy3
08-23-2007, 09:08 AM
We had the Maker's Diet book but gave it back to my MIL. I forgot to write down a favorite recipe before giving it back though. Wondering if anyone who has the book can post the recipe? Can't remember what exactly it's called but it's for a whole chicken. You put apples, onions and green peppers in the middle of it with rosemary and olive oil and bake it. The kids have been asking when I'm going to make it again :rockon If they're asking for something healthy, I better get on it! Thanks!

crunchymum
08-28-2007, 11:10 AM
sounds yummy! :yum

Soliloquy
08-28-2007, 02:23 PM
we have that book, I'll look later and try to post it tonight for you. That reminds me, I have to get our chicken in the Turbo oven . . . bye!

lovemy3
08-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Thanks, that'd be great!

4MKfam
08-29-2007, 02:01 PM
I think I found it for 'ya!

Roasted Pastured Chicken
1 pastured chicken, whole, 4-5 lb. (a broiler)
1 small apple
1 small onion
1 stalk celery, plus leaves
1 3" sprig rosemary
Olive oil
Celtic sea salt
Pepper, freshly ground

Rinse and drain chicken. Make certain it is completely thawed. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Quarter and core the apple, peel and quarter onion. Slice celery into 2 to 3 inch pieces. Add 2T olive oil to cavity of bird. Stuff bird with apple, onion, celery and rosemary. Rub the outside of the chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and rub into skin. Place chicken into a baking dish with 2" sides. Bake about 1 1/2 hours, or until meat thermometer registers 180 degrees when inserted into thigh. Remove chicken from oven and let rest 20 minutes before carving. Serves 4.

Hope that helps! I have my bookshelf within arms reach of my computer chair, and that book is right in the middle of my shelf :).

lovemy3
08-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Yes, that's it! Thank you! :)

Soliloquy
08-29-2007, 07:46 PM
One thing that DH has learned at The Optimal Wellness Center is low temperature cooking. We drop every temperature by 25-50 degrees to preserve more nutrients and it is TASTY, too! Let me tell ya! You have to lengthen the cooking time, obviously.

crunchymum
08-30-2007, 10:46 AM
yummy!