PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting to a new house

TuneMyHeart
08-21-2007, 07:25 AM
How can I help Ellie adjust to living in a new house? I'm a little worried she won't sleep well in her new room. Nighttime is hard, but she usually naps well if we're home and she's in her bed. She usually spends part of her night in her bed, then comes to bed with us, or one of us will sleep with her on the futon while the other one gets some sleep. :yawn

I'm not patient when it comes to unpacking; I want everything put away pronto. :O Ellie is more important than unpacking, but how do I get things accomplished while keeping her safe and calm?

We won't be moving in until late evening after we close on our old house and the new house. We plan on putting our beds on the end of the moving truck so we can unpack them first. Should I even attempt to put her in her bed, or just plan on letting her sleep in ours? Knowing me, I won't be able to sleep that night and will want to get some things put away. I'm thinking about just letting her sleep on my back that night while I work. :shifty I'm a little weird, and I'm looking forward to unpacking and organizing. :cool

Ima LeShalosh
08-22-2007, 08:55 PM
:heart Congrats on your new home

Moving really does rock a kids world...but with her so young, it might not be too big of an issue. When we moved our youngest was the same age and he adjusted just fine, it was our oldest that had a realllly hard time of it! Though, we co-sleep with DS2, so I am not familiar with putting babies in their own bed. I guess I would try it and see how she does and if she has a hard time, then put her in bed with you. I think that trying it out is worth a shot. :hug

hink4687
08-29-2007, 01:21 PM
How did the move go? We moved when Cooper was 16 months and actually he calmed down enormously when we moved! :scratch Not sure if the new home was a more peaceful environment or what but he slept better and just seemed happier in the new home! Hope everything went smoothly for you guys!