PDA

View Full Version : fake burping

klpmommy
08-18-2007, 01:01 PM
This is P's new thing. I guess they aren't fake so much as forced. But he will sit & burp for 5 minutes & it is so annoying. I ask him to leave & he will, but he does it in the car. too.

katiekind
08-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Yes...well....my boys were always perfect gentlemen, sorry, can't help you! :laughtears :laughtears

I have blocked out the memory, obviously!

Seriously, I do remember annoying boy stuff like that. I don't remember a "surefire" solution.

P's already old enough for that? :hug2

hey mommy
08-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Yeah, C does that all the time.. He perfected the art at the tender age of 3.

We just laugh about it. If we're in public, we remind him that it isn't polite to do that and that he needs to stop.

ArmsOfLove
08-19-2007, 06:28 PM
I would try to set some firm boundaries about when and where it's okay

klpmommy
08-19-2007, 06:44 PM
So far he really only does it in an annoying way in the car. He is pretty good at stopping or leaving if we are at home or out. But in the car- man it annoys me. But then again, the more I think about it, as soon as he is in the car & he can't move his body his mouth starts non-stop so this is probably related.

So how do you set up firm boundaries in the car?

And I guess this is one of the joys of boys, huh? :mrgreen Maybe I should have dh teach him to burp the alphabet or his math facts. :think :shifty :lol

ArmsOfLove
08-19-2007, 06:46 PM
maybe you can tell him he may burp if he burps things like that ;)

hey mommy
08-19-2007, 07:06 PM
maybe you can tell him he may burp if he burps things like that ;)

:yes
C would love that though. he likes to be like Hammy from Over The Hedge..

Mrs. Potatohead
08-19-2007, 07:21 PM
LOL--welcome to being a boy's mom!!! :roll

I don't have any great suggestions for you...I live in the land of bodily noises. Heck, even my Golden Retriever burps all the time.

My 9-year-old gets his jollies making tooting noises using his armpit or the back of his knee! :rolleyes4

deena
08-19-2007, 10:03 PM
My good old brother taught my TWO YEAR OLD to burp on command!! But since he's my third boy I'm pretty laid back I just take it in stride. The only time it was annoying was when we visited his older brothers classroom and my little guy LOVED the attention he was getting from the class by distracting them with his burps. :laughtears :doh