PDA

View Full Version : DH "got it"!

AdrienneQW
08-16-2007, 08:24 AM
We had one of those lightbulb moments this morning (and I'm greedily praying for more!).

We were all in the living room doing various things. Dexter was tossing a marble against the underside of the folding table that's folded and leaning against the wall. (Don't ask me why - he's five, and I don't understand one-tenth of what's interesting to a 5yo!) I could see DH was getting irritated with the noise, so I walked over and told Dexter the noise was disturbing so we needed to problem-solve. We ended up draping a lightweight blanket over the table - he could still toss the marble and it made enough noise to satisfy him, but not enough to irritate anybody else. :tu

I curled back up next to DH on the sofa and he was still watching Dexter. Eventually he said "That was pretty neat - I was just about to tell him "Knock it off, can't you see that's annoying???". But this worked much better - it's not bothering me anymore, and he is happy doing what he's doing. I was going to make him stop, but I guess he really didn't have to stop. This is what you mean when you talk about "meeting everybody's needs", right?"
:idea

That's EXACTLY it, my dear husband. Big smooch. :kiss

SouthPaw
08-16-2007, 08:28 AM
awww! :hearts

klpmommy
08-16-2007, 05:30 PM
:rockon

I love those lightbulb moments.

euromom
08-16-2007, 05:32 PM
:heart :rockon