PDA

View Full Version : That was a nice affirmation

HomeWithMyBabies
08-09-2007, 07:35 AM
My four year old woke up with a headache and has been...ansty, overly physical, and impulsive. I know he doesn't feel well. :(

Peanut's OT came this morning and saw me deal with it. She said she wished she could tape it and show it to other parents. :O She especially noticed how I talked to ds about feeling like his body is out of control and how I will help him when he feels like that. I told her I had to learn how to express myself so I could teach ds, and she said she'd had the same experience.

It was good to hear some affirmation, but it's not about how great I am or anything but how God really does equip the called and not the other way around. This gentle discipline is not how I was raised, but God works on me to move past that. :praise

ShiriChayim
08-09-2007, 09:35 AM
:heart :amen

AdrienneQW
08-09-2007, 10:55 AM
She said she wished she could tape it and show it to other parents.

Wow! Just wow! You should be very proud of yourself - it's not about being haughty, it's about the sense of accomplishment that comes with answering the call and being willing to show God's love to our children, even when society makes it increasingly more difficult to do so. You've honored Him. A job well done, mama. :heart

marathonmom
08-10-2007, 10:49 AM
It is always so encouraging when others affirm what's happening in our parenting.

:tu :tu Good for you!

canadiyank
08-10-2007, 05:26 PM
:woohoo :hug