PDA

View Full Version : Short Rib Slow Cooker Recipe

BKMommy
08-08-2007, 12:44 AM
Ohhhh!! I am so excited I made the best dinner ever today. Well other than my spaghetti. :yes Dh saw short ribs at the grocery store Sunday and we waited till we got our EBT to go get them. Well I made them tonight and they were delicious (DH said that and he has only said that to me once before and I have been cooking for him for about two years.

I had two small packs of short ribs put it in the slowcooker on low. Added about four large gloves of garlic, black pepper, and Mccormick hamburger seasoning (about 1/4 cup maybe a little less I really didn't measure). Added enough water to cover the ribs, not all the way to the top. I cooked them from about 7pm till 12am and then drained most of the water out, left all the spices and garlic that I could leave in in it. Then I added one bottle of Jack Daniels BBQ sauce and let simmer for about an hour. Thats it. It is so easy and it was so good I think that is going to be a regular for us now. I served it with pintos, rice, and sweet corn hush puppies. :tu

Synesthesia
09-16-2007, 06:07 PM
I will have to try that.
I am using my crock pot now to cook pork roast

Hopefully it will turn out ok. :yes

BKMommy
09-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Did you like it?