PDA

View Full Version : If shrimp gross you out, don't read this...

Wonder Woman
08-06-2007, 03:17 PM
otherwise - :yum Read on! :tu

I'm about to eat baked stuffed shrimp - shrimp, stuffed with seafood stuffing.

Bellpeppers, onions, garlic, butter, salt/pepper, a bit of cajun seasoning

blue crab meat

ritz crackers

Wild-caught Louisiana shrimp (is there any other kind?!)

I was sneaking bits of the stuffing while I prepped...it's SO heavenly! :yum (and dh is working late, so I can cook it - he hates shrimp ;) )

SouthPaw
08-06-2007, 03:28 PM
mmmm!!

that is too funny. of all the things, i thought this was going to be something about allergies! i never would have thought that seafood would be on your safe list. :grin maybe b/c DH's family had weird late onset seafood allergies so i have always been a little scared of that.

anyway, glad you can enjoy them! i looove seafood. last time i was by the beach we had lump crab in butter and it was heaven on earth. :yum

Wonder Woman
08-06-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm thankful that I'm not allergic to shellfish :yes (although it would be easier to stay away if I were - I know they aren't the healthiest. But mmmmmmmm.....:yum)

Heather Micaela
08-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Shrip gross me out, but I read it anyway :P~

Jenjardin
08-07-2007, 02:21 PM

Shrimp don't gross me out, unless they're not deheaded. We were visiting friends a couple of years ago, and they took us up the road to a neighbor's house where they were having a shrimp and crab boil. Well, someone served me a plate of shrimp, but they didn't look like any shrimp I'd ever had, but more like a plate full of sea monsters! They still had their heads a legs and all that attached! I can only imagine the look on my face. :jawdrop :sick As soon as she saw my face, the woman who prepared them took them back to the kitchen and "fixed" them up for me. She was very sweet about it. I don't think I could/would have been able to eat them otherwise.

milkmommy
08-07-2007, 02:29 PM

Same here :giggle Then I though ohh that sounds yummy just omit the shrimp :shifty :lol DH loves shrimp. Actually I'd likely eat that I just can't eat shrimp plain especially cold.

Deanna

RubySlippers
08-07-2007, 02:57 PM
That sounds yummy! :tu
Did you take shrimp back with you after a visit?
I haven't had good Cajun seafood since the summer before Katrina hit.
I'm hoping to change all of that next summer.
You really should post recipes.