PDA

View Full Version : Yep, um, the Zucchini are doing fine.....

WI Mama05
08-02-2007, 06:31 PM
:smile I will have a bumper crop from the looks of it! I thought there were just a couple growing in there, but I looked closer today and there are DOZENS getting going in there :jawdrop. This is my first year gardening, so it at least makes me feel good that I will have SOMETHING to show for it :giggle.

The pumpkin, well that's another story. They are taking over, but so far no pumpkin, just flowers :scratch :shrug...hmmmm.....

Close2MyHeart
08-03-2007, 06:10 AM
Pumpkins take longer than zucchini... they'll be comin' soon :)

Sounds like you're going to be doing a lot of zucchini casseroles, breads, etc. for the next few weeks! :tu

Teacher Mom
08-03-2007, 06:18 AM
Congratulations!!!

I just picked some more zucchini last night and thought to myself, I need to schedule some time to make zucchini bread this weekend. YUM. Thankfully, we all love it and there are so many different ways to prepare it!!! My family loves when I cut it up and mix it in with stuffing mix. YUM. I need to get my zucchini book out!!!

And yes, the pumpkins will start growing soon enough. We have a few cantalopes that are finally taking off.

Again, congratulations on your first "crop" What else did you plant???

WI Mama05
08-03-2007, 07:49 AM
I did sugar snap peas, which the girls LOVED, but they already yellowed up and aren't producing anymore. Got an okay amount, but not as much as I thought :scratch. Green beans, they are doing okay, but again some yellowing/browning going on. Tomatoes, got some small green ones :rockon, corn - I might get one or two stalks out of it :/, they aren't doing as well, squash are going, peppers are starting to show, and I might get some cucumbers! I think the watermelons didn't make it, but I can't tell since the zucchini and pumpkin are taking over :LOL! I did a few carrots too (looking okay) and the lettuce and green onion aren't faring so well either. :shrug