PDA

View Full Version : You shall reap what you sow

Teacher Mom
07-31-2007, 07:29 AM
Yum!!! This is our best garden EVER.

The kids are lovin' eating fresh things they planted. :tu What a great teaching experience.

I am currently making pasta salad to use our green peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes. YUM! Last night we had grilled chicken w/fresh garden broccolli and fresh green beans. YUMMY. The night before, we had zucchini and potatoes fried with onions.

Looks like we will should have a good harvest of roma tomatoes this year too! We will use them to make homemade tomatoe sauce. Oh and the corn is looking delicious too. I need to take some pictures.

Am I making you hungry?

Heather R
07-31-2007, 06:51 PM
Your garden sounds awesome! I planted my first veggie garden this year, and it's been fun watching it grow, though we haven't harvested much yet (spinach, lettuce, herbs, a few peas). But I'm up north in Canada, so our season is later and shorter than most places.

Enjoy the fruits of your labour!
Heather

mamaKristin
07-31-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm another mom with a shorter growing season (waaay up North), so we haven't had too much yet. I've got piles of tomatoes ripening, and zucchinis, just picked a good handful of strawberries today too. I'm so bummed that our cucumbers and my basil all died though. :(