PDA

View Full Version : she's beating me to the five-step punch

NovelMama
07-28-2007, 06:58 AM
I've been 5 stepping dd since it made sense to--she's now 18 mos and has been hearing "do you need some help?" for quite a while. Well, she's now learned how to SAY help ("hep!") and now the first time I ask her to do something (usually asking her to come to me so I can change her diaper or put on her shoes or something) she automatically says, "hep!" It took me a couple times to realize she's skipping a couple steps and asking me to just come get her. Is that okay? Did I start too early or something? Or is this not a big deal? I guess it doesn't seem like that big a deal to me, but I've never seen someone mention their dc doing it (instead, it seems like most kids get mad at the whole help thing). Guess I'm just wondering what you guys think of her doing that...

Wonder Woman
07-28-2007, 07:10 AM
I think it's great :rockon I also think that in another 6 to 8 months it will be a very different story :shifty :giggle

marathonmom
07-30-2007, 06:17 PM
I just wanted to say I think its wonderful that you have been 5-stepping so consistently. Wish I would have done that when mine were that age.

:tu

mamaKristin
07-30-2007, 06:45 PM
I love when mine ask for my help. :yes It tends to go in phases though, combined with a full on "me do it". ;)

It's a good thing, I think.

Kyasmom
07-30-2007, 07:02 PM
I think it's great :rockon I also think that in another 6 to 8 months it will be a very different story :shifty :giggle

:yes Totally agree as we are about 8 months past 18 months old!! ;)

(instead, it seems like most kids get mad at the whole help thing).
Not sure if my experience is "normal", but my dd doesn't typically get mad when I help her. She might be upset about what I am causing to happen (ie giving a toy back that she has taken from another child), but she doesn't seem offended by the help when she really is having a hard time doing it herself. I do typically give her a couple tries if she is insistant on doing it herself and yet isn't following through with actually doing it.