PDA

View Full Version : Gobbletyblahblahpllllbtttt! (Am I the only one who's tongue-tied?)

Aisling
07-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Anyone else find themselves struggling with giving simple, concise instructions to their kids when TIRED? :crazy My words will NOT come out in a GBD friendly fashion! My attempt at instruction giving is leaving dd looking like: :hunh :scratch :shrug

Even explainations become a complete drudgery at the end of a long day. I love Crystal's "Asked and answered" response for persistent children. :giggle

Wanna share some common instructions that you've streamlined and put in your permanent mommy word bank?

I'll start:

"Hitting hurts. I won't let you hurt me." :P~

SouthPaw
07-27-2007, 12:58 PM
"Time for bed. Light stays off."

"Gentle hands with puppy/Pooky/mommy"

ummm....i need one for kicking random animate and inanimate objects, BTW... "gentle feet" sounds weird :shifty anyone?

Naked Camper
07-27-2007, 01:00 PM
How about "don't kick the dog - let's find a ball instead..."

Aisling
07-27-2007, 01:00 PM
"You may stomp or run. No kicking." :)

mamaKristin
07-27-2007, 01:04 PM
ouch! kicking hurts, feet are not for kicking people.

(thank you "Feet are not for kicking" book ;) we just had that and "Teeth are not for biting" out from the library)

You need to respect (insert child's name here) words.

Hitting (biting, teasing, whatever) is not kind

We're a team, and we all clean up together!

poleidopy
07-27-2007, 01:25 PM
I need to get a big list of all these and put it on my fridge for quick reference!!! :yes

Nightingale
07-27-2007, 01:29 PM
ooh I NEED that "asked and answered." Kalli especially asks the same things over and over again. ;)

poleidopy
07-27-2007, 01:35 PM
ooh I NEED that "asked and answered." Kalli especially asks the same things over and over again. ;)

me too. SO does that work with the incessant "WHY"s too?????

BornFreeBaby
07-27-2007, 01:43 PM
:yes2 :yawn

This is mine, "Can you stop yourself from ____ or do you need help to stop?"

lavendermama
07-28-2007, 09:50 AM
:nak2 these are great!

Aisling
07-28-2007, 12:55 PM
"You may squeeze your own hands if you have angries. No squeezing me." -dh, to dd last night. :giggle

milkmommy
07-28-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm much better at parenting everyone else than applying it in the heat of the moment to my own :shifty I totally get tounge tired. Its extra annoying because responses liked "asked and answered" are HUGE tantrum triggers for Cecilia :/.

Deanna

mom2_AthruZ
07-31-2007, 08:48 PM
"asked and answered"

I use this often with the bigs when they get in their "begging" moods although like Cecilia it can make things worse so I have to be careful. Any other suggestions in place of that for older kids would be great.

"Throwing things could hurt someone. Let's throw away the angries instead."