PDA

View Full Version : next door neighbors kid - wwyd?

singbanshee
07-26-2007, 11:17 AM
okay i'm not sure where to post this so here goes...

I know this is incredibly stupid but...everytime i go outside or my hubby our neighbors 5 yo comes out and comes into our yard. if she doesn't do that she stares at you the whole time your out there....it's totally annoying. obviously we don't have a fence and are not able to get one right now...WWYD?? BTW..the neighbors don't speak english so I can't really talk to them.

and oh ya i've talked to her...and then she won't stop talking...even when i go into the house.

I've also been in my kitchen doing dishes and saw her in our yard playing with my sons toys through the window. I finally told her not to play in our yard when i'm not there. I also took the water out of the kiddy pool cause she likes to play in it when we aren't outside and I don't want her to drown in it when I'm not around....and yes she does have her own toys (lots of them).

Aisling
07-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Think she's lonely? :(

Marsha
07-26-2007, 11:32 AM
my 5 yo does it, too, so I'll listen for suggestions. It's kind of embarrassing to me sometimes, like people will think she's lonely or deprived in some way.

Aisling
07-26-2007, 11:34 AM
my 5 yo does it, too, so I'll listen for suggestions. It's kind of embarrassing to me sometimes, like people will think she's lonely or deprived in some way.

(((hug))) I liked to stare as a kid, too. :giggle Sometimes, I did want interaction, but a lot of the time, I was just fascinated by watching people interact. I still do, I've just learned to talk while I do it! :giggle :heart

Naked Camper
07-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Our 5 yr. old neighbor does the same thing. It drives me batty!! It's hard for me to step outside w/o her running outside asking if she can come over into our yard to play. I let her come play about once a week, but she asks on a daily basis - multiple times a day. My DS is only 19 months so I don't think it's appropriate for her to be at our house all the time. I know she's lonely, but still... I feel sad that she doesn't have anyone in her home to play with. Her older brothers are much older and very mean to her. I never see her parents playing with her either :cry

yeah, no suggestions cause i'm in the same boat. I just tell her "no" when I don't feel like her coming over and just try to ignore that she's staring at us. If I don't mind playing outside longer than 10 minutes I usually will tell her it's okay to come over.

Ali
07-26-2007, 11:54 AM
I understand what you are saying. We have lots of neighbor kids and sometimes they come over when I am trying to get us in the car to go someplace and they want to have lengthy conversations about where we are going and why why why? :lol
I would be friendly. Wave and say hello when she is staring. Have a quick conversation if she walk over, but don't feel bad setting boundaries and letting her know what is not ok and lead her off your property if need be. Don't feel bad interrupting her and leaving when you need leave. I'd just be friendly go about my business and be kind and firm with any boundaries.

Even without curious neighbor kids, I wouldn't leave the pool up where others could get to it. We have a fenced yard with gates that lock, so we can put it out back, but if we didn't, I'd do like you and dump the pool when not in use.

singbanshee
07-26-2007, 11:56 AM
gentlebirth: yep...she's horribly lonely

Kanga: mines 19 mo too and I'm preggers so i'm really either tired out of my mind or crabby LOL. Anywho what you said about your neighbor's kid is pretty much the same here...this kid even runs off. about every three to four weeks the parents have to comb the neighborhood looking for her.

just last night my hubby went outside to mow and she stared at him the whole time...front and backyard

Naked Camper
07-26-2007, 11:59 AM
oh fun, our boys are only 3 days apart! :)

Does the little girl speak English?

singbanshee
07-26-2007, 12:40 PM
wow only 3 days!

she speaks spanglish

btw...i'm starting to get slayed on another board i posted on for not being friendly to her...i never said i wasn't friendly...sheesh

ShiriChayim
07-26-2007, 03:06 PM
I have the same problem, only we and the neighbors both rent from the same landlord, two different buildings, share a driveway, with one long garage with multiple doors, and thus the parents and kids are ALWAYS in our yard. If we take the boys outside they want to play with us and our toys, will take toys away from my boys, and if I say no, they will be mean (ie: go get candy and wave it in front of my dc's faces and then say, no you can't have any it's all mine, or once the older boy rolled one of our balls into the street and told my 3yo to chase it :jawdrop) We've stopped spending time outside, amd I take the children to a park to play. I can't wait to move!!!