PDA

View Full Version : so frustrated and clueless! spitting!

BeckaBlue
07-25-2007, 07:00 PM
kenzie picked up spitting from somewhere, whatever, i don't care honestly if she spits, what i am getting so frustrated with is she does it INSIDE THE HOUSE! wherever she's standing she just 'ps' and spit on the floor, jsut now she spit on the arm of the couch :banghead
PLEASE?! how can i deal with it to get her to stop! i am tempted to smack her across the face when she does it :blush but i of course don't want/agree with doing that but its beyond frustrating that she won't stop doing it!

The Tickle Momster
07-25-2007, 09:40 PM
I tell my kids that spitting any where in the house besides the bathroom (toilet/sink) is not okay. They can spit outside or in the toilet. Then I'll walk with them and let them get it out. Just like any other behavior, consistency and time help.

BeckaBlue
07-25-2007, 09:56 PM
i have told her to do it in the trash can or the toilet every time.
ill start taking her to the bathroom when she does it :doh

marathonmom
07-27-2007, 06:14 AM
ill start taking her to the bathroom when she does it :doh

Sounds like a good plan.

This too shall pass.

mamaKristin
07-27-2007, 12:35 PM
when my oldest had his spitting phase, we went to the bathroom each time. I reminded him that spitting was something one does when tooth brushing. It was short lived, which was really really good. I also had him wipe up his spit.

Cheyenne
07-27-2007, 01:51 PM
My son is doing this too. It upsets my dh greatly. Makes him livid. He wants to punish our son, but of course I don't agree with that. I have tried all the above things, but my dh expects our almost 10 yr old son to get it by now and not need to be reminded anymore. :shrug It is frustrating and gross.