PDA

View Full Version : The lady who wrote the No Cry Sleep Solution emailed me...

waterbaby
07-24-2007, 11:03 AM
She sent an email to my Shalom Babies business email account:

My name is Elizabeth Pantley. I’m a parent educator, mother of four, and author of eight books for parents including The No-Cry Sleep Solution, The No-Cry Potty Training Solution and The No-Cry Discipline Solution (foreword by Tim Seldin, president of the Montessori Foundation and chair of the International Montessori Council.)

On my new website you will find lots of parenting information, videos, and Q&As, plus a PDF set of 13 reproducible parent education newsletters - on topics including sleep, potty training, and tantrums – they are ready for you to download. http://www.pantley.com/elizabeth

In addition, I would like to offer you a set of one-page articles from my books - for use on your website, as handouts, or in your newsletter. I provide these to many professionals who work with parents of babies and young children. I will be happy to send you the newsletter set at no charge. The titles are:

Tantrums, Fussing and Whining
Hitting, Kicking, Biting & Hair Pulling
What Triggers Your Anger?
Stop the Interrupting

Colic –What Can You Do About It?
Toddler Cooperation
Wonderful Sounds for Sleep
Going Visiting with Your Baby
Crying in the Car Seat
Baby Tantrums
The Baby Blues: Do You Have Them? & What to Do
Stop Diaper Changing Battles
Help Your Crying Baby
Eight Sleep Tips for Every Child
Solving Naptime Problems
Moving from Crib to Bed
Should Babies & Toddlers Watch Television?
Handling Unwanted Advice
Quick Facts About Potty Training
The Potty Training Readiness Quiz
Potty Training – Get Ready, Get Set, Go!
First Born Jealousy
How to Have a Happy Marriage When You’re Busy Being Parents

All titles are available in Microsoft word text files by email. (Some are in PDF reproducible format.)
Spanish versions of some titles are also available upon request.

Tim Seldin, President, The Montessori Foundation and Chair, The International Montessori Council wrote the forward to my newest book, The No-Cry Discipline Solution. He has graciously provided four articles for this set:

Children are Little Scientists
Learning How to Pour
Learning to Observe your Child
Children Love to Work and Play

If you would like this set of articles, or if you have any questions, please send me a note.

Thank you!
Elizabeth

I emailed her back and was like "Sure!"

Okay, I've never read her stuff, so I don't know her views. I only know that the AP community embraces it, so it must be a good thing.

Anyways, I thought I would share the titles and let me know if you'd like them. I'm not going to send them one by one, I'll email them the same way they were emailed to me.
The only ones I looked over were two of the discipline ones...and they seemed pretty good to me. :shrug
I'm really interested to read the Montessori ones next!

So yeah, thought I'd share! She told me to feel free to pass these around online and make copies to give as handouts! If you're interested, let me know and I'll forward them on to you via email.

Marsha
07-24-2007, 11:28 AM
I would LOVE:
Tantrums, Fussing and Whining

What Triggers Your Anger?
Stop the Interrupting

Toddler Cooperation
Eight Sleep Tips for Every Child
Quick Facts About Potty Training
The Potty Training Readiness Quiz
Potty Training – Get Ready, Get Set, Go!
First Born Jealousy
How to Have a Happy Marriage When You’re Busy Being Parents

My email is marsharaasch@bellsouth.net

inesperada
07-24-2007, 04:50 PM
I love, love, love Elizabeth Pantley. :heart I had email contact with her last year, and she is just the sweetest lady.

Soliloquy
07-24-2007, 05:08 PM
I like her, too. I do think some of her discipline things are too rigid, but JMO.

gabriola
07-24-2007, 05:10 PM
I don't have time to look at this now but wanted to mark it so I can come back later. I am very interested in receiving some of this information. Thanks for sharing.

Havilah
07-24-2007, 05:13 PM
I don't have time to look at this now but wanted to mark it so I can come back later. I am very interested in receiving some of this information. Thanks for sharing.

ditto :)

Spanish Rose
07-24-2007, 05:35 PM
That's great!

Kid Cooperation was too rigid for me, but the No-Cry Discipline Solution was perfect. She really does seem like a sweet lady, and so generous. :cheer

Is the name of your website Shalom babies?

Can Dance
07-24-2007, 05:37 PM
now you both must explain what too rigid means. :yes

waterbaby
07-24-2007, 09:25 PM
That's great!

Kid Cooperation was too rigid for me, but the No-Cry Discipline Solution was perfect. She really does seem like a sweet lady, and so generous. :cheer

Is the name of your website Shalom babies?

Yes, it's currently down because I'm revamping it.

now you both must explain what too rigid means. :yes

I'd like to know what rigid means too :)

poleidopy
07-24-2007, 09:29 PM
marking to read later...

rosesnsnails
07-24-2007, 09:41 PM
I would like to take a gander at those, too. :)

Mama Rophe
07-24-2007, 09:50 PM
I would be very interested in some of the articles too.

That is so cool that she did that.

waterbaby
07-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Ok, everyone who wants them, please PM me! And like I said, I can't send only certain ones, I have to send them all, otherwise it would just be a big hassle.

:smile

Amber
07-24-2007, 11:54 PM
PMing you :)

something glorious
07-25-2007, 06:29 AM
very cool :tu i'd like those articles :grin

Chris3jam
07-25-2007, 06:36 AM
Is any of this for older kids? Or is this just for toddlers? :nails I would love them if they are for older kids, too.

Spanish Rose
07-25-2007, 10:08 AM
By "too rigid"

In earlier publications she endorsed limited timeouts and rewards. That's it.

And in later publications, no mention is made of them, so I feel confident recommending them to everyone. :)

waterbaby
07-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Ok, I sent them to everyone who PM'd me and ainsleesmommy.

Enjoy!

And give feedback!! :rockon