PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, it's gonna be a day!

ShiriChayim
07-24-2007, 07:27 AM
So, yesterday was crazy! My husband has Mondays off of work, and yesterday we spent a good portion of the day looking at houses to rent. Half the time my sons (3, 22mos, and 2 mos) were with us, the other half they spent with their grandma. The youngest had his 2mos checkup and vax as well. Both the older boys missed their naps, and we ended up all at my husband's parents for supper and play. Only (slight rant here) hubby didn't want to leave when we should have because he was watching baseball with his dad...then the game went into extra innings...meanwhile our oldest two are going nuts cuz they're tired. Anyway, we got them home and to be slightly later than their usual bedtime. They did sleep in this morning, but now both the older boys are tired and cranky and just not able to manage their feelings, and the younger is evidently reacting to the vax with a slight fever, achiness, tiredness and just wants to be held by mommy (can't say as I blame him poor guy). ARGH! Pray for me, I still don't want to compromise on the new tv schedule but I have two little boys who don't quite know what to do with themselves or their big feelings (I really like that term!) and a tired mommy who is stressed from all that yesterday entailed.

The Tickle Momster
07-24-2007, 07:52 AM
{{{hugs}}} Been there, done that. My best advice with kids that age is to head to the park for a good portion of the day. Time outside and using big muscle groups will help. :pray ing for you to have a good day.

ShiriChayim
07-24-2007, 08:01 AM
:glare it's raining! We do have music and jumping going...but of all the days for it to be rainy!

The Tickle Momster
07-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Ugh! I'm sorry it' raining. Can relate though. Today is the first not rainy day in about a week here. How's your afternoon going?

ShiriChayim
07-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Well, the boys napped so I think that will help. Right now we're just very quietly and calmly playing and reading books and trying to just have fun. My 3yo has had LOTS of big feelings this afternoon, but he's doing better with them. He hit his brother twice for no reason so I took him to his room and we sat for awhile and he "talked" his feelings at me (he doesn't possess the actual words, but he has this made up language that HE knows what he's saying and he just jabbered on at me, while I listened and tried to affirm what he seemed to be saying). Anyway I think we're going to calm down, and hopefully if we get a break from the rain I'll take the boys outside.

Thanks for your concern and for talking to me!

The Tickle Momster
07-24-2007, 02:36 PM
:tol so this'll be short.

Glad things are mellowing. That's great that you know he has his own 'language'