PDA

View Full Version : How To Get Rid Of Clover Naturally...

chelsea
07-21-2007, 01:01 PM
We have a few patches of clover in our yard, and one on the border of our neighbor's yard. First of all, I think it's OUTRAGEOUS that I should have to get rid of the clover anyways. :rolleyes It's beautiful, and I've heard that it is being looked at as a more environmentally friendly option that grass! :tu But I've been given the ultimatum: Find a way to naturally get rid of the clover, or out come the herbicides and dangerous chemicals. I live with my parents, and so I don't have a choice in this matter. I am so sick of people looking to chemicals for their answers, but before this turns into one giant RANT, I'll just ask my question: :hiding
How do I get rid of clover naturally? I have no desire to have my lawn sprayed with toxic junk. If anyone has any ideas PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pass them on, because otherwise I have no say in the matter.

Linnis
07-21-2007, 01:14 PM
My first thought a cow. It's natural and they LOVE clover. Not much help. I'm sure your rents would love a cow in their yard.

Have you come at your parents from the angle it's toxic to their grandbabies?

Teacher Mom
07-31-2007, 07:17 AM
how funny! My first thought was a horse! They too love clover. Yum!

I think it is beautiful in the lawn. Cute little flowers.

Sorry, no advice on how to rid your yard of it though....

Marsha
07-31-2007, 09:44 AM
I like, it too and it attracts bunnies. My dh periodically tries to get rid of it. Even with chemical means, we still have TONS of clover. I think it's almost impossible to get rid of. Of course, our whol eneighborhood has it and no one cares, so it gets reseeded, I guess.
Why the ultimatum?

chelsea
07-31-2007, 11:28 AM
I think there's been neighborhood pressure...and my mother has always been a people pleaser. :shifty