PDA

View Full Version : Wow, what a difference!

4MKfam
07-02-2007, 11:32 AM
I've been really, really frustrated with my lack of patience with dh, the kids, and just about anyone and everything lately, to the point of being about to call the doctor about it (I have dealt with depression before, but never been on meds --my bouts come and go, anywhere from two weeks to four months long). I decided after some prayer to do some serious concentration on my diet and spiritual health. It's been a week now, and I am healing!!! I can't believe the difference paying attention to diet, exercise, and devotional life make. It's huge. I started out on the Maker's Diet plan, but found it too restrictive and I can't afford to do all organic at this point (maybe someday), so I modified it a bit, but it's still working. I'm working to get at least 15 minutes of devotions a day, whether that's listening to a Christian radio program or reading my Bible, take a 30 minute brisk walk a day with just me after dh comes home or in the evenings. As far as diet, I've cut out empty calories and snacks (except one healthy snack a day and only if I'm *really* hungry --I figure with 15 lbs. to spare, I don't need snacks anyway), eliminated white flour, white sugar and artificial sweetners. I'm concentrating on eating for nutritive value, not entertainment. Oddly enough, with that mindset, I'm enjoying eating a lot more :). I'm supplementing with Garden of Life's Maker's Multi and cod liver oil, and planning to add my cal/mag back into the mix today (I dropped it for a few days while I was adjusting). I feel so much more in control of my temper and my moods. It's like I got that moment back between thought and action. Oh, and I've dropped four pounds as well :grin.

Ima LeShalosh
07-04-2007, 02:55 PM
That is GREAT Shelbi! I found that when I had started my weight watchers program that I did the same turn around. I think it has to do with the sin of food that helps to separate us from God and thus makes us wretched. It's just like any sin in our lives:) Glad you are feelign and doing better!

PurpleButterfly
07-04-2007, 02:59 PM
:rockon :highfive Awesome, mama!! :woohoo :praise

I think it has to do with the sin of food that helps to separate us from God and thus makes us wretched. It's just like any sin in our lives:)

Thanks for this, Michelle. It was exactly what I needed to hear today. :heart

SansSouci
07-06-2007, 09:44 PM
That is really awesome!!! I definitely feel so much better when I'm putting healthy foods in my body, and not binging on a bunch of sugar.

BHope
07-06-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm so glad you brought this up! We started (about two weeks) ago eating WAY healthier. And just today I was thinking, "Man my hormones must be stabilizing because I don't feel so crazy." I didn't even THINK about the fact that maybe my body is just feeling better because I'm eating better.

Way to go! And way to be intuned with your own body.