PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a probiotic?

rowansmom
06-29-2007, 07:04 AM
Or is something else wrong with me. I eat pretty well. we don't have processed food in our house and when we go out to eat we avoid places like wendy's and mcdonalds etc.

but ever since I gave birth 18 mo ago, my underarms will occasionally be very offensive. I mean very. and no matter what I do it doesn't go away.

for instance. I can take a shower wash vigerously come ot put on the crystal deodorant, power and even natural deordorant and still stink.

it's not all the time, but it's often. I feel embarrassed because people might smell me and think i don't wash but I do, and still it doesn't go away.

I heard that smell is attributed to bacteria and a probiootic will fix it

what do you think

LadyLilac
07-03-2007, 07:03 PM
In my opinion, everyone should take a probiotic. It could certainly cause an improvement in your odor. Also, have you tried spritzing on apple cider vinegar and dusting with baking soda? That may help, also.
Kefir is my personal choice as a probiotic. It is far cheaper than purchasing capsules and it seems to work much better. You can drink kefir, cook with it, make smoothies...the list goes on and on. It is probably one of the best things you can introduce into your families diet. The health benefits are huge.
If you purchase kefir grains, you will never have to buy them again. The live grains will continue to multiply.

Body odor is one of those things...summertime is here and we all sweat more. Sweat stinks when we are releasing toxins. Keep ridding your body of toxins and eventually you will notice less odor. It sounds like you are on the right track.

Edited by PurpleButterfly to remove members WAHM link.

jmh1013
07-04-2007, 04:33 PM
We use plain, no sugar added, for a probiotic. That's what our midwife suggested.

Soliloquy
07-04-2007, 05:07 PM
In my opinion, everyone should take a probiotic. I agree. I have kefir grains that are free for shipping if you want. http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=101853.0

slightly :ot
lavendermom--I see you have a sale on Kombucha scoby!! :jump We are moving so I don't want to start for 2-3 weeks. When should I order?

rowansmom
07-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Body odor is one of those things...summertime is here and we all sweat more. Sweat stinks when we are releasing toxins. Keep ridding your body of toxins and eventually you will notice less odor. It sounds like you are on the right track.

yeah but i stink even in the winter.

I bought pro8 today. I'll try it if it doesn't work I'll chek out Keifer.

we'll see. if this doesn't stop it then i guess I'll have to see a doc to see if it's something else going on

cobluegirl
07-07-2007, 10:30 AM
I am having the same problem this season..I have never "needed" deoderant till this season...