PDA

View Full Version : any clues as to why I'm craving Fat?

beccafromlalaland
06-27-2007, 09:12 AM
I am making bread so I will have something to spread my butter on (smart balance actually) I just put some on crackers because it was calling to me from the fridge.

In the last 2 days all I've wanted to eat is fat...lots of fat anykind of fat. Cheese, Butter, I actually bought KFC I usually get the crispy strips so there is no skin...but I bought a big ol chicken breast and ate the skin then wanted more...skin I could have cared less about the chicken. I made a fish roll up that has butter, spinach, and cheese in it for lunch..

What's wrong with me??

SouthPaw
06-27-2007, 09:24 AM
:yum :shrug

Herbwifemama
06-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Fat helps you get your fat soluble vitamins- A&D. Maybe get some cod liver oil and start taking that? Also, you could need the extra calories for nursing. Maybe your baby is depleting your Omegas, and you need to have some fish or flax to make up for it. Are you feeling foggy and/or forgetful (the infamous pgcy brain or milk brain)? That's a sign you're low on Omegas.

Soliloquy
06-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Nothing is wrong with you. Your body needs fat, and quite a bit of it. Listen to your body's wisdom.

But, IMO, you should throw out that smart balance. Have you read the label? :sick2 Unless you're dairy intolerant or vegan, go for organic butter. :yum If you can't eat that, get Earth Balance shortening. :yes

jtidwell
06-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Nothing is wrong with you. Your body needs fat, and quite a bit of it. Listen to your body's wisdom.

But, IMO, you should throw out that smart balance. Have you read the label? :sick2 Unless you're dairy intolerant or vegan, go for organic butter. :yum If you can't eat that, get Earth Balance shortening. :yes

Or Earth Balance "Buttery Sticks," which I use all the time instead of butter. (I'd rather have butter, but my nursling has a dairy intolerance. I suffer so.)

I agree -- listen to your body. Eat fats! But try to balance out the kinds of fats you take in. Do you like avocado? Use it in sandwiches or salads. Splurge on some tasty extra-virgin olive oil and drizzle it liberally on bread, pasta, salads, etc. Tree nuts are good sources of plant fats, too. Walnuts are good omega-3 sources -- bake them, put them in cereal, whatever -- and toasted pine nuts can "spruce" up any pasta dish. (I crack myself up.)

But, yeah, sometimes there's no substitute for fried chicken or a good well-marbled steak. :yum