PDA

View Full Version : Nosebleeds?

tryin-to-FROG
06-25-2007, 06:04 PM
My ds who is almost 5 has reaccuring nosebleeds, not bad, they usually stop on thier own without having to squeeze the nose or anything, my DH said he got them a lot as a kid and still gets them now occasionally- is there anything I can do to help prevent them? Is a nosebleed the sign of anything else. We were told to try and keep it humid, but that is hard in the summer with the air conditioner drying things out. Thanks!

hey mommy
06-25-2007, 06:09 PM
I used to get nosebleeds all the time b/c of allergies. My nose would get really, really, really dry inside and then crack and bleed. They told us to put some vaseline on a q-tip and rub it around inside the nostril. Kept things moist in there so it didn't dry out..

klpmommy
06-25-2007, 06:12 PM
I always got nosebleeds as a kid & now dd gets them a lot of nights- often we don't even realize it until we see blood on her pillowcase in the morning (so like you said, not bad at all). So I am definately :popcorn over here.

hey mommy
06-25-2007, 06:15 PM
I suppose saline nose spray would work too..

But then, these things only work if your kid doesn't totally and completely freak out when you come near her nose w/anything(which mine does....)