PDA

View Full Version : If you have a separate playroom and kids rooms

LittleSweetPeas
06-25-2007, 02:17 PM
What is in each?

We bought a house and will be moving our girls into the same bedroom, baby in the other bedroom and converting the family room to a living room. Most of the big things will be in there--doll crib, play kitchen, table, etc. I had thought initially about keeping just their beds, dressers and books in their rooms so that it can be more of a relaxing place for them. but then I want to encourage general reading as well so maybe putting them all in the room doesnt accomplish that?

Ideas?

MarynMunchkins
06-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Until we had the baby, all the toys stayed in the playroom. Individual toys could be taken to bedrooms, but they belonged in the playroom. Now that Lilly is crawling around, the stuff with little pieces stay in the bedrooms and all the "safe" toys are in the playroom. :)

We had books in both places.

mamaKristin
06-25-2007, 04:07 PM
We have some toys in the living room,a couple in their bedrooms, and most in the playroom. Books are mostly in the living room, and in the girls' bedroom. All of our big toys are in the playroom - my son has some of his car stuff in his room and the girls have their dress up clothes in their room, toy-wise.

something glorious
06-25-2007, 04:09 PM
right now it is set up as you described.....bed, dresser, and books in her bedroom, all other toys in the playroom. although we always keep some books downstairs as well, to encourage reading, Reading, READING :yes

MomTo7
06-25-2007, 04:14 PM
All the younger kids have rooms upstairs. They have beds and a dresser and wall decor. The playroom is downstairs and ALL the toys are there. The only thing upstairs is a Leap trainset and I don't want it broken. We have a book shelf that is attached tot he wall so it doesn't fall when they climb it...they WILL climb it :yes :giggle. I put nicer books and toys on the top and the babies stuff on the bottom and it all stays out of my way...DOWN STAIRS in the playroom. It has not always been like this but it will always be like this now that I know it's so much easier. Their bedrooms are always clean!

The Tickle Momster
06-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Kids rooms are for sleeping and getting dressed. Soon to also be for relaxing/regrouping with books. Downstairs are all toys and books. Much easier to keep track of kids and stuff.