PDA

View Full Version : blockage or constapation

amstermarie
06-23-2007, 08:54 AM
do you think keflax caused this problem in my baby.. and why didn't the hospital give him a script for a pain med ? they just said to come back if he is worse.. i don't see how he can get any worse.. he hurts so bad when he gets into his fit i can't even hold him he is arching back kicking flailing i will drop him.. and if i set him down its an awful site.. he ltteraly rolls around like a colicy horse.. thank god the occurances seem to be getting further apart.. we have a rx for a laxative.. and of corse he is still on the keflax .. am i correct in thinking i will see some kind of hard poo pass? i see lots of die and dh thinks o some poo musta disolved in the die.. but i told him i dont think its just gonna disolve it. they said it might break it up some :/ not sure i can handel another die diaper :sick :sick :sick :sick
it's way worse than any poo diap i have changed.. how much die do they put up there any how.. anyone know..

godsgracegiven
06-24-2007, 08:08 PM
((((hugs)))) I wish I knew but I don't. I am praying and hope he feels better soon. :hugheart

NoodleMom
06-24-2007, 09:57 PM
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/cephalex_ad.htm

I looked up side effects of keflex and this is what I found

Ima LeShalosh
06-26-2007, 09:40 PM
have you tried liquid calcium? DS1 has always had a problem with his stools and so I have been giving him liquid calcium since he was a baby. For your son's age (I am assuming the youngest one) you would only need to give him a teaspoon once a day and that will keep him regular and loose without the harsh laxatives.