PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to do a clothing purge with me?

JJsMom
06-23-2007, 08:22 AM
I have so many clothes that I never wear, I keep thinking "well, I might wear that again." I have maybe ten things that I actually wear, so I want to go through and get rid of things! I'm going to save meaningful t-shirts for a t-shirt quilt but everything else really needs to go. I'm overrun with old clothes! So, who's with me? :poke

klpmommy
06-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Can I purge dh's clothes?????

I'm in. What do you want to do? Take pics of the stacks we get rid of? :) I am thinking about using some of my old t'shirts for cloth wipes. The rest I can donate.

JJsMom
06-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Can I purge dh's clothes?????

I'm in. What do you want to do? Take pics of the stacks we get rid of? :) I am thinking about using some of my old t'shirts for cloth wipes. The rest I can donate.

:yes Okay, now I'm feeling a little anxious, now I actually have to do it, huh? :nails

GrowingInGrace
06-23-2007, 09:22 AM
I've been in the process of it already. I keep coming across outgrown clothes all the time that have gone through the three girls, and dh's old t-shirts, and some of my clothes that just don't fit anymore. I am keeping a lawn and leaf garbage bag near the washer and dryer, so as I come across things that are for donation, I stick them right in there. When the bag gets full, it goes into my car to be dropped off.

The Tickle Momster
06-23-2007, 10:47 AM
I'lljoin you. We are prepping our room this weekend for paint this week. Will be going through the closet and purging like crazy. I'll try to get a pic of the outgoing stuff.

JJsMom, you can DO it!

JJsMom
06-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Michelle. :hug Glad you are joining me!

I've been in the process of it already. I keep coming across outgrown clothes all the time that have gone through the three girls, and dh's old t-shirts, and some of my clothes that just don't fit anymore. I am keeping a lawn and leaf garbage bag near the washer and dryer, so as I come across things that are for donation, I stick them right in there. When the bag gets full, it goes into my car to be dropped off.

Good idea!

I had some time today while my ds was in the tub (in our master bath, so I was right there). I took a pic of my stack so far but it doesn't look very big. I actually got rid of over 20 things so far! :rockon That's huge for me! There are still a few things that I probably won't wear but think I will. :rolleyes It's so hard, I feel like I'm throwing away money! But this was really good bc I know I won't need shirts for the rest of the summer.
I'm trying to decide if I want to tackle winter clothes. I have like five tubs of winter clothes :O (my dh's too) and I only had one summer one. I figure I got rid of about 1/3 or so. So all of my summer clothes fit in about a drawer and a half. :phew

klpmommy
06-23-2007, 01:27 PM
I don't ever feel like I am throwing away clothes b/c I donate them if they have decent use left in them.

I have purged so much in the past couple of years I am not sure how much I will have, but I know there is stuff I can get rid of! I also need to go through the kids clothes, I have so much & even though I still need the clothes P&E have outgrown, I don't need as much as I have & I have stuff I don't like.

AdrienneQW
06-23-2007, 02:31 PM
I did this last week, but I'll cheer you on!

I'm always getting rid of the easy stuff, but last week I went to the core and really purged. All those things I held onto for various reasons are GONE. I kept exactly three items I'm unsure of - everything else has either been worn in the last twelve months, or is formal wear that currently fits me. That's it. Everything else is gone. At first I was :nails but now I'm :phew

klpmommy
06-26-2007, 02:52 PM
I haven't forgotten about this, I promise!!! :) I need to purge my closet & working on the kids' clothes will be an ongoing project.

something glorious
06-26-2007, 02:54 PM
i'm gonna do some more purging....you'll know it's done when you see my next listing in swap-n-shop :giggle

klpmommy
06-30-2007, 10:36 AM
I started the purge today. I have found some shirts I can make into rags/ cloth wipes & some worth donating. I have far fewer clothes than dh, but I don't know that I can get him to purge anything except a few shirts that are total rags, but I guess that is something.

JJsMom
06-30-2007, 02:05 PM
I did it! :woohoo I really need a break today so dh took both kids outside for a bit and I emptied out 4 rubbermaid tubs for donating! :woohoo :phew

klpmommy
06-30-2007, 02:12 PM
:woohoo :highfive :tu :jump2 :dance :danced

I got about 40 items out of my closet- my real purge will be when I start working on kid clothes!!