PDA

View Full Version : It really WORKS and makes my house smell good too!

DeenyB
06-22-2007, 04:49 PM
I had ants.
Dh brought home some spray and i fought with my self about spraying that toxic junk in my house and cupboards (that i keep food in).
then a lightbulb turned on and i looked up ant repellant in my EO book.
Peppermint oil.
I put teeny pieces of cotton ball with the peppermint oil in the corners of my cupboard and by my front and back door. NO ANTS!!!! :rockon :jump2 :jump

BTW i returned the ant spray at Target today :)

They lady at the store said peppermint oil also works for mice.

PurpleButterfly
06-22-2007, 05:05 PM
:rockon :cool

Peppermint is awesome! I love to add it to castille soap in the guest bathroom dispenser, and use it for lots of homemade cleaning recipes (well I did before dd was born anyway ;) ). I think there's a sticky at the top of this forum for natural cleaning recipes, if you're interested in trying my favorite Peppermint Soft Scrubber. It is the only thing that effortlessly removes dh's hair spray from bathroom countertops.

For anyone reading, remember that peppermint is a stimulant and should be used very cautiously during pg. :)

crunchymum
06-22-2007, 05:09 PM
For anyone reading, remember that peppermint is a stimulant and should be used very cautiously during pg.

does that include peppermint patties? :shifty

and, do you think spraying our little garden with castille soap diluted will keep the bugs away?

tempus vernum
06-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Castile soap is a great pest repellant for gardening. SO is water with cayenne pepper diluted in it :)

Oh and we have so many ants that peppermint oil doesn't keep them all away - only in areas about 3 inches surrounding the places I put the oil - am I doing something wrong?

On a positive note, this year I found out ground cloves works WONDERS on tons of ants :rockon BUt it entails making a "line" of cloves to keep them away so my counters have a brown line ALL THE WAY AROUND THE EDGES toward the wall :sigh