PDA

View Full Version : a *great* quote from barbara brown taylor

something glorious
06-21-2007, 06:55 AM
i just finished reading barbara brown taylor's book 'leaving church', and although there was *so much* about the book that jumped out at me, resonated with me, and ministered to me right where i am, this ended up being the only quote in the book that i actually marked to return to. it summed up so succintly and yet beautifully how i feel about keeping a home:

When people walked into a space that had been carefully prepared, they were more likely to surrender themselves to it, trusting that whoever cared so much for the room might also care for them

:yes
:heart

JJsMom
06-21-2007, 09:34 AM
:heart I love that! That's my dream for my home. :yes

something glorious
06-21-2007, 09:40 AM
me too....isn't it perfect?! i want to make it into a piece of artwork....hmmm..... :think

Havilah
06-21-2007, 09:52 AM
I'll have to chew on that for a bit :think Thanks for sharing. :hug

JJsMom
06-21-2007, 11:19 AM
me too....isn't it perfect?! i want to make it into a piece of artwork....hmmm..... :think

:yes :yes :yes

NayneeNoo
06-22-2007, 07:07 AM
Wow. Subbing so i can come back to it and write it down when I have my own stuff. I don't wanna lose it. LOL

Punkie
06-22-2007, 07:15 AM
That is a really good quote :) I enjoyed that book too :tu

Happy Mom
06-22-2007, 07:22 AM
Printing that out and putting on the fridge today. That will be my motivation as I have a guest coming tonight...

tempus vernum
06-23-2007, 05:58 AM
Wow. Thanks for sharing :tu Great inspiration. I think I will put it on the front of my household binder for inspiration when I get lazy :O

Happy Mom
06-29-2007, 06:42 PM
I think I'm going to paint that somewhere....like a border or on a coffee table or something?

AttachedMamma
07-01-2007, 07:27 PM
That's interesting. Do you suppose that's why it concerns us if someone's home is completely disheveled (sp?)? Do we worry that they won't care for us or anything they borrow from us?

I've always been a perfectionist, but when I became a mom I had to let some things go. I just can't do it all and something had to fall by the wayside. Usually it is the neatness, but I'm trying to get our home more organized so it's easier to care for.

You know, when I bring my car in for an oil change, I try to make sure the interior looks good b/c I really feel that they will care for my care based on how well I care for it. I wonder if the same applies for homes. If someone walks into my home and toys are all over the place (oftentimes that is true), do people think they can treat my home with disrespect? :shrug

cindi