PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Milk Tea during pregnancy

naturallia
06-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Educate me. Why is it bad to use mother's milk tea during pregnancy? I've tried finding this information on my own and I only found vague references to the fenugreek which can be found in a lot of foods I eat anyways, such as chuteys and naan (Indian foods). Should I therefore stop eating Indian food too? I'm so confused. :scratch

RealLifeMama
06-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Why do you want to drink it?
There are other herbals that one can take in pregnancy to help boost milk production.
I know that the More Milk Plus is not to be taken in pregnancy, I assume it is similar??
More Milk Two has raspberry leaf, nettles, and alfalfa, which are good for pregnant women.

I know that did not answer your question at all....but maybe if you can't get an answer, you can take that instead?

naturallia
06-19-2007, 12:13 PM
I want to drink it to increase milk supply.

But if it would hurt the baby, I won't touch it anymore.

This is so confusing!

aseason
06-19-2007, 12:22 PM
I was told not to drink red raspberry leaf tea. My mw told me not to take it until the end of the pregnancy not before. So maybe these teas to increse milk supply has it in it. :shrug

naturallia
06-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Gah now I am even more confused. The main ingredient in my pregnancy tea is red raspberry tea!!!! :hunh

RealLifeMama
06-19-2007, 02:10 PM
RRL should be fine unless I guess you have preterm labor or something. :shrug

allisonintx
06-19-2007, 02:27 PM
RRL is a "tonic herb" not a medicinal one. I know a lot of midwives who recommend a cup or two daily for entire pregnancies. Anything uterotonic should be avoided if you are concerned with preterm labor in any way, including RRL tea. Really, in a healthy woman, it's good for you.

lavendermama
06-19-2007, 05:39 PM
I would suggest calling the number on the tea box. You could also drink, or take alfalfa tabs. It has iron- good for prego moms and my midwife friend says her moms really get a good supply of milk with it. The nutrients it has support making milk. Also, it uh, helps with constipation.

naturallia
06-19-2007, 07:30 PM
what are tabs?

lavendermama
06-19-2007, 09:32 PM
oh- I meant tablets- like capsules but not see-through. I took Carlson brand when I was pregnant. :)