PDA

View Full Version : a step in the right direction!!

abharrington
06-17-2007, 06:44 PM
we (dh and I) are pretty new to the parenting thing...dd is 5 mo today, but love AP. I'm not sure exactly how our parents feel about it (it is clear they were raised and parented in the CIO era) but they are curious and complimentary to us and our relationship to dd. my mom loves to call dd a "mommy's girl" but always follows the coment by saying she should be/that is a good thing. and today she commented on how attached to their mother's breastfed babies seem to be. she was also impressed that i could take a piece of cloth from the clearance rack and turn it into a carrier for dd that she loves (still new to wrapping as well...).
dh's mom is pretty interested and supportive of co-sleeping and likes to think/talk about how in most parts of the world, it is the norm.

of course, then there is the elder in my church who, after seeing dd's first tooth begining to appear, asked how she was liking her new bottle...he seemed quite suprised that a tooth did not signal an immediate end to breastfeeding.

ahhh...1 step at a time. thanks for all the encouragement and info!!

JJsMom
06-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Wow, what an encouraging post! :heart It sounds like your mom can be a great source of support for you, which a lot of moms don't have. That is wonderful! I love that you are learning, it's amazing to me how many new moms just do what the people around them are doing (like CIO, formula feed, etc), so I love to read that you are doing what God intended and keeping your baby close.
I am very thankful for GCM too, this place is so loving and supportive. I'm glad you are here. :heart