PDA

View Full Version : Anti virus, internet security programs

HomeWithMyBabies
06-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Thoughts and opinions please! What program(s) are you using for spyware, antivirus, etc?

We are going to highspeed internet and we don't know what will provide the best security without slowing the connection. I don't know much about computers, but I anticipate that with a faster connection that is left on alot, there would be more opportuities for a security problem. Is that accurate?

We have dial up right now, and we have been using Norton. Whenever it checks for updates, the internet freezes up. :rolleyes

Hermana Linda
06-20-2007, 11:40 AM
:think Does it still freeze up now that you have high speed?

Anyway, we used to use McAffee and I liked it, but my dh did not care for the yearly sub price, so now we have Avast. Avast is free. The Techie says Nod32 is the very best, but it's also a bit spendy.

:ot You lost another pound! :highfive

HomeWithMyBabies
06-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Well, we don't have high speed yet. We will in about six days, eighteen hours, twenty three minutes ;) :giggle

I have never heard of Nod32. Dh *hates* Norton. I'm not sure if we'd have the same problem with a faster connection, but we do seem to have the issue of the program doing things we don't want it to do.

You did too! :rockon

Hermana Linda
06-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Well, we don't have high speed yet. We will in about six days, eighteen hours, twenty three minutes ;) :giggle

I have never heard of Nod32. Dh *hates* Norton. I'm not sure if we'd have the same problem with a faster connection, but we do seem to have the issue of the program doing things we don't want it to do.

You did too! :rockon

My guess would be that it is the connection and Norton will work better once you get highspeed. So, give it a shot, at least as you already have it.

:rockon