PDA

View Full Version : Your supplement regimen

Allison
06-16-2007, 09:04 AM
What supplements do you take? Often do take each one? Why do you take each one? What results have you seen from these supplements?

TIA!

SansSouci
06-17-2007, 08:41 PM
I was taking fish oil, but have switched to an Omega-complex supplement. I was taking fish oil for the omegas (for general wellness), and switched to the Omega-complex for even more omegas (to combat my depression that I'm having due to the hormone shift from weaning ds). I take 2 a day, which is the recommended amount. And I definitely have noticed a difference in my depression since I changed to the omega-plex supplement.

And I take Juice Plus+ (it's 17 fruits & vegetables that have been juiced, dried, and put into capsules - you can see my siggy for the link). I take it for wellness, instead of a multi-vitamin. Since I started taking it I've had more energy and have been in a better mood, my nails and hair are growing well, I'm sick MUCH less, I'm making healthier choices with other foods I eat, etc. I take the recommended amount (2 fruit capsules & 2 vegetable capsules, as well as 2 berries/grapes capsules per day for heart health and circulation).

Those are the only two things that I take. I do get calcium through foods that I eat (broccoli, spinach), as well as Juice Plus+ smoothies (they have a smoothie mix, which provides some extra calcium to my diet). So, calcium is something I'm aware of, but I don't take an actual supplement for it. HTH :-)

LadybugSam
06-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Multivitamin in the morning (or if i forget, lunchtime)

Cal/mag/b6 at night. The B6 has lengthened my leutal phase, and the cal/mag has helped me with the leg cramps i've been getting. As well as i get better sleep :)

I'll be adding vitex to my nightime routine whenever it arrives in the mail

chobysauce
06-22-2007, 11:32 AM
My SO has leg cramps a bunch also. Maybe I should suggest the same supplements.

I take prenatals (still nursing), Jarro-Dophilus EPS (probiotic) and I'm looking into buying some fish/cod liver oil. Also trying to increase flaxseed intake.

Iarwain
06-22-2007, 11:37 AM
I take two fish oil capsules and a good food-based multivitamin when I remember. I am noticing a definite difference, especially from the fish oil, in depression symptoms. I also keep liquid chlorophyll and liquid B-complex on hand for when I start really dragging and need to keep alert.