PDA

View Full Version : I think I have pleurisy

JJsMom
06-15-2007, 06:35 AM
I'm having very severe pain in my chest, down towards the bottom of my ribs. It hurts to breath. I'm in so much pain. :( It started yesterday. Advil seems to help but once it wears off, I can barely move. I have to sling my dd for all of her naps. Is there anything else I can do?
The info I've been reading says it's usually caused by something more serious, like tb or cancer. I'm worried. I don't know if I'm contagious. I'm worried about passing it on to my dd or others.
Ugh. :(

Jilly
06-15-2007, 06:56 AM
Did you call your doctor yet? The internet is a great source of info but your doctor would be a better one. :hug2

I am praying for you!

Jill

cobluegirl
06-15-2007, 08:13 AM
what about heartburn? how are you now? how long has it lasted?

JJsMom
06-15-2007, 09:10 AM
It's not heartburn, it's lower, like below my breasts. It's been going on since yesterday afternoon. It still hurts a lot, but not quite as bad as it did last night and yesterday afternoon.
I did call my doc and if it still hurts on Mon, I'll go in.

naturalmama2three
06-15-2007, 09:11 AM
Have your gallbladder checked. I would call your doc and maybe go to the er.

JJsMom
06-15-2007, 09:37 AM
I did call my doc and she asked me some questions and said I could wait until Monday if I want (it's my ds's birthday today). If it is pleurisy, I would want to wait to see if it will go away on it's own before I take something, which is generally how my doc is too. I was stressed about it yesterday and last night but today I'm feeling a little bit better so I feel like it might go away on it's own. I'm going to take some supplements and eat lots of fruit and veggies and see how things go. If it continues, I will go in, but for now, I think I can hold off.
Thanks for your concern though. :hug